Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome all!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4792

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:54 am

Welcome all to our new forum!

Please don't be shy, and whenever you get the urge to email something, please let me encourage you to use this forum instead!

The more we use it the better it will be!

All the best

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4861

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for setting this up boo, I will be sure to try and make the most of it. But you do have way too much time on your hands Razz
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4700

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm totally on board with the new site.

I have all the batreps ever written tucked away if you were thinking about uploading them all?

I put myself forward to help you maintain this site if you need me - although it would probably end up being a too many cooks scenario, but let me know if you need/want me to do anything.

I have a constant flow of 40k mumblings going around in my brain so I'm sure I have enough nonsense to filll these boards up on my own!!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:09 pm

I do have way too much time on my hands! Its worth it though and is satisfying!

The sites are thankfully ridiculously easy to maintain, and on the forum its not eally necessery, but on the website itself people will have to login as me in order to create blog posts or add photos or whatever (i think)
comments can always be made though.

Hopefully it will give you a location to manage the campaign communications on and generally make it much easier.
If the campaign and bat reps as a minimum are hosted here it acheives its purpose - discussions will be the icing on the cake!

im torn between bat reps being posted here or on the site itself - welcome to suggestions!
if you have them though feel free to add them on!

lastly, hopefully replies to topics should drop you an email, so for those of us hooked to our phones, it will be just as easy to keep up as youll be notified and taken here to read and reply.

ill email everybody tonight once ive finished tidying up the site and adding anything historical, so i look forward to everyone jumping on board! (hopefully!)
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Obviously I'm old and stupid, but what do you mean about batreps being posted here or on the site itself? Is this not the site?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4700

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:23 pm

I like them where you have pt them at the moment - posting them on the forum (which is what I assume you mean) will probably lead to them being pushed down to the bottom. Be nice to have an archive of them all in one place so I can see how I kicked all your asses in the past and reminisce!!

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:33 am

currently they are on the main website (well, the single one i uploaded) but its more cumbersome and as you say Stryph it will get pushed into archive pretty soon as a blog can only show a few posts at a time.

Here you will have them all listed in a row so can see them all forever more and they can be easily commented on and discussed on an individual basis - it should encourage talk on them more and gives a solid place for "rules you got wrong"

So, when i get home ill set up a forum here dedicated to Bat Reps, and people can add their bat reps as a new topic in that forum when done.
Ill change the Bat rep section on the main site to an actual blog/bulletin board which we can update with whatever we need.

This forum is a seperate site technically to the main website taff, though i cleverly linked them together.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4407

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:17 am

I'll agree with Mark, batreps deserve to be on the main site not to mention probably easier to access for point of reference; ace site too - how come you all have pictures already??
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 am

all righty, and welcome!

in the next IT session i have ill put the bat rep section in the main site fully up, and will post bat reps there.

what i will do though is keep the bat rep forum here as an archive to keep them all in one organised place
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:27 am

Makes sense but aren't they there already as well as here? I only ask as that was where I first went on the site, my only suggestion would be to try and brighten them up a little as it was a tad dark to read; no idea if anything can be done??
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 am

is that from your phone? it was really dark on mine too so I brightened the text up a little

Unfortunately it only seems to work in classic mode, not mobile mode, where the text is still dark. ill have to ponder how to change that.

Nonetheless,its still perfectly viewable on the phone in classic mode, even in daylight
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 am

is that from your phone? it was really dark on mine too so I brightened the text up a little

Unfortunately it only seems to work in classic mode, not mobile mode, where the text is still dark. ill have to ponder how to change that.

Nonetheless,its still perfectly viewable on the phone in classic mode, even in daylight
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:56 am

Yeah from my phone - and what did I read about posting a message more than once?? Aye it was perfectly fine in classic mode Smile
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 am

aye, poor internet etiquette from the site admin! gratuitously getting my post count up!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 am

At last - welcome Clappers!

and i have to say, your avatar beats anything even Richard has supplied!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 8:34 am

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Welcome all! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome all!   Welcome all! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome all!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: