Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latent's W.I.P. Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

Awesomeness : 4300

Latent's W.I.P. Thread Empty
PostSubject: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:26 am

The main post will be updated with pics and general updates as and when I do them, so keep an eye out!

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.

So here is what I have in the pipeline:

Conversions
Chaos Warriors from Fantasy:
My idea here was to add some "character" to my army.
I was going to mix and match the weapons with the spare 40k guns I have.
This will allow my Khorne Beserkers (yes, I have a box of these still to make up and paint) to have a wider varient of melee weapons rather than the same weapon being in the other hand.
Some of the conversion will be very subtle for e.g. The Champion I've already made and painted has a pistol attached to the inside of the sheild.

<Insert Pic of Champion here>

Chaos Knights from Fantasy:
Here I was going to turn them into Melee Terminators and use the horses and statues/terrain/objective markers.
I'll need to buy some 40mm bases and Terminator legs to progress to the next stage.

The Emperor's Champion:
I was going to file/cut the imperial symbols off and green stuff the blade he holds into a "Soul Calibar" weapon. (Probably Nightmare's)

List of Models to build &/or Paint

All the above already mentioned.
5 Possessed chaos space marine (From my battlebox)
5 Chaos Space Marines (From a battlebox I was given)
12 Khorne Beserkers
5 Possessed chaos space marine (Why I bought another box I don't know!)
2 Terminators
8 Thousand Sons
8 Noise Marines
1 Oblitorater w/ Paul
Cypher
Krell Lord of Undeath
Dark Elf Supreme Sorceress
Khorne Lord on Juggernaught
DV Boxset:
- 11 Cultists
- HQ
- 6 Chosen
Landraider
2 Heldrakes
Maulerfiend
5 Raptors / Warp Talons
Dark Apostle
Warpsmith

Updated 14/11/12

Last edited by Latent Entropy on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4795

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 am

that is a big to do list!!!! how long do you think it will take you?

i think its a great idea converting fantasy stuff - i have the same luxury of having an army that spans both, and it works really well.

i have a unit of trukk boyz that started out as savage orks, and thanks to your extremely generous bday present they have a savage ork boss to lead them now!
(im still waiting for the presents the rest of you got me... Wink )

i converted the black orc boss you also got me to have a Power Klaw and slugga too - it works well - i look forward to seeing yours!!!

More importantly i cant wait to see the stuff in your new codex - exciting times for you mr T!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4703

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:23 am

pffft that's not a to do list - this is a to do list

no I can't physically type up my to do list, I'd end up killing myself before I got halfway through!

Very interested to see the Chaos stuff as you do it though, one of those armies I'd love to have but I would never get it as a secondary army as they deserve priority, not to sit in a queue behind countless other projects as is my tendency Smile
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4864

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:54 am

This is going to be great forum. Nice picture b the way!
Back to top Go down
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:31 am

Painting of the Helbrute so far:

Latent's W.I.P. Thread Helbru11

As you can see most of it has been painted.
I have the gold trim on the armour to do and wash that over with Gryphonne Sepia.
I then need to paint and attached the braclet on his melee arm.
Then finish it all of with the last piece that covers the torso.

The only thing that annoys me with it is that it didn't joint properly.
And because of my method of painting then joining, the joints really stick out.

Anyways hopefully this will be done before the weekend is done.
Back to top Go down
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 am

So here is my finished Helbrute, just need to give him a name...

Front
Latent's W.I.P. Thread 2012-110

Back
Latent's W.I.P. Thread 2012-111

C&C always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:23 am

Been a month since my last update, so I guess it's time to put something up on here.

My aim over the past weeks have been to do at the very least a cultist over a weekend, as realistically that is when I have most time spare to paint them.

I now have a total of 9 Cultists out of the DV 20 painted.
(My father manage to lose one of the Cultist arms, which doesn't help. Evil or Very Mad )
Group shot below:
Latent's W.I.P. Thread 2012-111

I want to get atleast 10 of these painted before I start something else to break up the monotony.

My mate who was collecting IG, is now collecting Chaos. The IG he has can be used for his cultists quite nicely,
as he painted them up as the "less loyal" Regiments.
He's converted a few of his models as the devoted of Nurgle.

Latent's W.I.P. Thread Img-2010

Not bad eh?
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:33 am

thats pretty good, didnt see your hellbrute update, thats also pretty sweet!

love the cultists, youve done a really good job on them. 1 more to go and you can move on. beleive me i know the monotony of painting the rank and file!

you can always nick an IG spare arm from your mate to replace the lost one!

also, im curious...whats that on your monitor?
Back to top Go down
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:46 am

Hobowan wrote:
also, im curious...whats that on your monitor?

WMP playing Ellie Goulding's - Halcyon album and in the very corner is a Steam App.
(All the gamers will know what that is)
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4703

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 am

Good job! I love those cultist models they just look awesome.

The only thing I'd say is that they look very clean - in my head cultists are dirty, thinking about it I'm not sure why though...

You know how your going to base them?
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 am

ah yes, i know steam of course but dont game enough to use it. atm im on star wars the old republic - waiting till tomorrow when its f2p!

in fact wait, it is tomorrow! im logging on!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4864

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 pm

I too missed the Helbrute - such a lovely vivid pink. I'm not sure why but I always assume the warp is full of the red spectrum - pinks, reds and oranges. It's probably the fault of the doctor who intro. The Hellbrute looks like a perfect addition to the army and will fit quite neatly in amongst the others you are currently painting. I look forward to seeing all the heavy options/machines finiashed and in a shot next to each other!

I love how the cultists are heading. I always imagine the cultists being a rag tag bunch of traitorous scum. Being reag tag means fewer themes to tie them together as a unit. I like the fact that I am seeing greens, blue's and flesh. I take on board what Stryph said about the dirty theme. Again, this is an image in my head but I don't imagine them having access to regular shows or washing machines.... That said I don't think the green should change at all. It is dark and almost muted. The bright colour of the blue is a welcome contrast so I also may not change it. I think the rememaining 11 cultists will be the deal clinchers here.

If your after the rag tag look, then maybe consider switching some of the colours around abit? Perhaps adding a few muted reds, purple or browns. They should still look like a unit due to the muted colours and the bases, hiowever they may look individual enough to look as a slightly "put together" unit. i.e. brought together by the lies of the dark gods rather than years of training.

Now, more importantly for a painting blog - the painting! I think they are painted very well, and show another step up in your skills. There are some details I can see which I think would make the miodels look more tainted by chaos. I see a scar on the front mans chest. Perhaps a deep pink/red over that would make it look more.... painful? I look forwars to seeing them in person as I know they aleays look better that way due to the dark coulours on your pallet!

So, whens your firned going to start playing Razz And why abandon the IG - they are so cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latent's W.I.P. Thread   Latent's W.I.P. Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latent's W.I.P. Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: Miniature Galleries and WIPs-
Jump to: