Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

posting photos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:22 am

So, I'm trying to figure out ho to pot photo. I've already spoken to the Wizard of Oz (Hobo) and we have figured out the theory of how to do it using image shack.

But every time I try to post them I get this message

"The following errors were found
New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Sad though this makes me, I am curious as to how Latent managed it!

Any thoughts people?
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:45 pm

It is a peculiar message, not seen that before.

I plan to post a tutorial about how to embed photos, as once you get the gist it only takes a sec.

Imageshack is a major site for this, but i may encourage and teach flickr as well - the beauty of that is i can make one overall flickr pool for us all, and not only should it let you post in the forums, i can also set up the main site to do a random slideshow of all the photos in the flickr pool - less maintainance and more photos for the site!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4406

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:55 pm

And in English for us that are technologically challenged??! Also just a thought but would it be possible to have our own galleries on the site just do we can segregate each armies' pics?
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:04 pm

Bloodlust_Rellik wrote:
And in English for us that are technologically challenged??! Also just a thought but would it be possible to have our own galleries on the site just do we can segregate each armies' pics?

Thats definitely possible on the main site - on the gallery page i could set up multiple flickr pool galleries so we each have a slide show as you see on it now.

the forums obviously are equally easy as you can do a similar thing to taff and latent and start a wip thread to keep it all in one location.

ill ponder the best way to do this Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 am

posting photos Battym10

now its taken an extremely long time to be able to do this and nowhere near the way as was explained but here you go; Homo this one's for, sorry hobo, you; the way it'll be every time....... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:27 am

Sadly the admin still does not work. Rellik - how did you get yours on there?
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Sadly I have no idea Taffi - the way I thought I did it yesterday isn't working this morning so I'm stumped pale
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:42 pm

taff, can you pm me your password? ill log on as you and see if i can break the code!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 pm

posting photos 29212

Taff it's near on impossible - the way I seem to be able to do it (and it's inconsistent at best, nor can I do it on my phone) is to hit the host an image button above (tv sceen with what looks like a floppy in front), browse a picture from one of your computer files and double tap it and hopefully you'll get a box with 3 types of media - I highlighted the image one (in the middle) copied and pasted to this post - doesn't half feel long winded though and like I said a little unreliable; I had to do it about 4 times before I got the second box up
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: test   posting photos I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm

posting photos 00210

Well it did seem to work when I did it this way! When I get some time I will try again with my storm apache post and see what happens!

Cheers Rellik!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 am

test image

posting photos Homeimage
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 am

dont get it taff - works perfectly on my laptop with your login!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:35 am

Hobo methinks you're actually going to show us!!!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Carrying on the photo questions, you know why uploading a profile avatar is a piece of cake n yet posting photos is such a pain in the arse?? I ask now as my computer is er a little damp and refuses to function so I only have my phone Sad
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:36 pm

I wonder why your computer is damp with an avatar like that!

If the forums keep on being a success ill be lookibg to find one that has the capacity to host its own photos...but for now we cant!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:41 pm

For some reason mywork computer is blocking Rich's avatar. I wonder why.... lol
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 9:26 am

So, how have people found the pics situation since the new skin and permissions housekeeping was applied?

For Mr Rich on his phone, the honest answer is i dont know if your phone will let you. For sure, the forums will let you upload a pic from your phone though, which is encouraging.

to do so, start a post, and hit the 15th button above the text window to upload a photo. it looks like a picture with a floppy disk on it. on my samsung it lets me select a photo. what i cannot then do is copy the text that it presents you with for pasting into your post.

i believe you are packing an i-phone? perhaps you have that facility that i seem to lack.

so simple answer is, yes you can post photos from your phone Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

posting photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: posting photos   posting photos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

posting photos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: Website Technicals and Feedback-
Jump to: