Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Next One...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4701

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:34 am

I'll be stepping down from campaign management for the next one (I can still find ways to be rude to you all don't worry!) and thought I'd start a Who wants to do it next topic now.

The next one probably won't kick off until the new year so this might be a little early but it's better to have too much time to design a campaign in than not enough!

Before people start clambouring over each other for the job I thought I'd do a quick summation of my time doing it from my perspective.

I've run 2 very different campaigns from the fairly simple to the rather more complex. The is a lot of admin involved with the 2nd one but I wanted to give 2 very different flavours of campaigns to stop them from feeling samey. I may have gone a bit overboard with the 2nd one but thats's just my nature I'm an all or nothing kinda guy.

There are times where you have to be a dick to people you like. Your reading that thinking nah - that's just you Stryph, you can't help being a dick. That's true as well I can't help it, but people will fuck you around not through any fault on their part, their idea of what is good/bad/acceptable/unacceptable/right/wrong etc will just be different to yours and you have to put your game face on. As much as I have tried to be nice and loosen the reigns it just doesn't work unless everyone is on the same page as you - they won't be.

ANY rule you write will confuse people. I got Natalie to read all of my rules to see if they made sense to her before I sent them out, it helps a little but expect questions to be raised when you fiddle with things for the same reason as above.

Questions are good - it's a learning experience for you as well as the people playing your campaign

Have everything planned out before the campaign starts - I didn't do that on the first one and what should have been a very simple campaign to run turned into extra work that wouldn't have been needed if I'd planned ahead!

All in all I enjoy doing it, there are times it's frustrating as people aren't all on the same page but that's kindof inevitable.

So if you want to manage the next one then give a shout out here! If there's more than one person then We'll have an election!! Democracy isn't exactly my bag as you may have guessed but it's what we're going for on this one, afterall Winton Churchill did once Say "Democracy is the worst form of Government..." there was something else at the end of that sentance but I'm pretty sure it wasn't relevant.
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 am

Say it aint so santa! santa

i think youve done an awesome job mark, and im sad to see you step down Sad
i hope youll reconsider nearer the time and youll be too much of a control freak to let go!
im sure everyone else echos these sentiments too.

Stryph wrote:
There are times where you have to be a dick to people you like. Your reading that thinking nah - that's just you Stryph, you can't help being a dick. That's true as well I can't help it, but people will fuck you around not through any fault on their part, their idea of what is good/bad/acceptable/unacceptable/right/wrong etc will just be different to yours and you have to put your game face on. As much as I have tried to be nice and loosen the reigns it just doesn't work unless everyone is on the same page as you - they won't be.

i experience this every single day at work trying to manage a rabble of 2 departments and 21 very different people.
my sympathies go with you...
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4408

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am

I'll echo hobo's sentiments; being my first experience of 40k and therefore my first campaign I can understand the work involved and what you've done, but a sterling job thus far and long may it continue; I appreciate I can ask a lot of questions and I've a lot to learn still but certainly you have my gratitude for how you've helped so far!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4701

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 2:52 am

I have no issue about doing another one, if no-one else wants to take over the reigns but a couple of people have mentioned they might be interested in doing it and I don't want to deny anyone the opportunity if they want to have a crack at it.

My initial post wasn't meant to sound like a rant or anything if that's how it came across. More of a "if you do this, don't come crying to me if..." I just have a tendancy ot type and then keep typing as things pop into my head with no consideration of how it appears to people reading it and even whether it makes sense. Like I'm doing right now for instance... Stryph unfiltered and uncensored!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:41 am

Well, again i think you've done a great job, so would be happy with you running another campaign. if other people want to, thats good too, it will give you a chance to have a rest.

regardless of who runs it i definitely would like to carry on with the campaigns - really adds a purpose to the games

looking forward to the next round! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Sponsored content

The Next One... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Next One...   The Next One... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Next One...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: Campaign Discussion-
Jump to: