Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4790

Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! Empty
PostSubject: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:46 am

Hi all,

you may have noticed a few minor changes to the forums, listed below in a patch note format!

• i have now added ranks based on the number of posts you have submitted. Keep posting to move up the rankings!
  • I have also added an awesomeness score to everyone using some clever carlos fandango formulas only i am aware of!
  • ive removed things like age from your profile for privacy protection
  • Ive moved the profiles to the left of the post, which has fixed the issue where large photos overlapped the forum post boundary
  • more obviously i have changed the skin! This has also fixed the mobile app so the forum can now be viewed properly on your smartphone without reverting to "classic" viewPlease let me know your Feedback!
  • If you would like to contribute and suggest a skin, please head over to hitskins on this link and browse away! hitskins
  • ive amended a few more minor bits and bobs to your profile to try and make it more robust - i hope for the picture issue is fixed! (again i recommend using the hosting function instead of imageshack if its not working for you)
  • I have introduced a gallery for no other reason than i can! It has nothing in it yet - but its there!

I think thats it! feedback welcomed!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4405

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 am

Feels a bit naked!! Embarassed to be fair the only problem I had before (obviously as well as getting pictures on, and yet the profile pics dead easy?!! Go figure!) was an interruption by some bastard pop up telling me I'd win something n wouldn't sod off - but it thankfully seems to have gone today!! My computer is out of action for the foreseeable future so ill keep you posted on what I can or can't do via my phone.....
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:02 am

Right I've tried to upload a picture to a private gallery and its come back with a moderator/admin must approve before public display; bit of a pain for you but if its worked; a damn sight easier!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:03 am

aye, unfortunately the adds do tend to pop up now and then, unfortunately thats the nature of a free hosting - the forums have to make their money somehow!

Should the forums continue to do well and stands the test of time, (a big thank you to EVERYONE for your input and buy-in to this little project!), i will most certainly upgrade the forums which will free us of adds, give me more options, more hosting space, and just generally be a better experience!

as for the pictures - ignore the gallery - use the hosting function when you add a post as it seems to be sound and very user friendly just like the avatars.
(btw on that note i keep looking forward to seeing your next version though admittedly i miss the last one Sad )
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:44 am

Ok now I'm confused (I know that's not difficult) but you add a gallery, n then tell me to ignore the gallery: wtf?? Rolling Eyes
The advert thingy seemed more like a virus type thing - dont know if anyone else had the same problem??
As for my avatar, I shall keep them coming on a regular basis if you're happy for me to do so, the last obviously has a special place in my personal gallery but I have plenty more Wink
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:55 am

the gallery i think is more to upload pictures to view - its more of an experiment i've run out of time to look at further tonight - unfortunately it has nothing to do with posting photos Smile

im growing to like the new look myself - a bit sparse, but much smarter and easier on the eye, and like i said it fixes the mobile version.
Whilst you cant reply to posts without reverting to classic on the phones, it makes for lightning quick reading which is not a bad thing when on the move!

I must admit, i like your personal collection far more than taff's! bounce
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 am

Ok well if you get a chance next, have a look see if the one I've tried to send is anywhere as aside from you "authorising" it it's been the easiest way yet to get any picture on here, plus I've yet to try putting photos on anywhere else again yet but certainly if its a viable way to get them on and keep them in a personal gallery, I for one would be more than happy Very Happy
Thanks, not that it's that difficult after seeing a taste of his collection!
Nope still can't add pictures from my phone; not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it can't be done.......

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4859

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 am

My pictures can still go on the same way, which is pretty sweet. Might have to seriously look at the gallery though. Perfect forum for putting up an entire army collection, fluff etc... Ho many pictures can we put on this then? With my space marines I predict needing dozens at least!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:34 am

Damn!! Jealous much!!! I can't seem to be able to do anything from my phone, and yet I still not sure why you can upload an avatar no problemo and yet gallery/post photos are so difficult?!!

God damn it; I'm not fat, I'm big boned!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4859

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:48 am

Really this is all Mrs Rellik's fault. If you didn't have to use a phone and could use a lap top, this wouldn't be an issue.

I expect I can't load from my phone either. But I also have no reason to try!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 am

I quite agree though I daren't tell her so!! Evil or Very Mad
Going back to the forum gallery, hobo I notice that there isn't a moderator for it; would you be able to make me one and see if that helps?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!   Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Changes - plus new skins!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: Website Technicals and Feedback-
Jump to: