Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forge World Rules

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4862

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:24 am

Evening peeps.

As the name suggests, I am hoping to use forge world models and rules in some of my armies going forward. The introduction to the forge World books says

"this unit is intended to be used in 'standard' games of Warhammer 40,000, within the usual limitations of Codex selection and force organisation charts. As with all our models they should be considered 'official', but owing to the fact that they may be unknown to your opponent, it's best to make sure they are happy to play a game using Forge World models before you start.".

Which is exactly what am doing here. Please can you let me know if you have any objections to me using Forge World models (or proxies while I save up Wink ) in this campaign. Also, the reason why so that Mr Campaign moderator can make an official decision.

My reasoning for including them are
* that they are designed with the 40k balance in mind, and so would prove no more OP than any particular codex or combination that already exists.
* that I already play games based upon rules I don't know. A good example is the Tervigon death cry. I Didn't realise other units would be effected by this. Not cheating or anything like that, just me not knowing. Another example is Eldar trickery,lol.
* I hope you trust me not to cheat you!

If I hear no objection, take note, I intend to use them!

Pandoras box may have just been opened....
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4701

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

I have no issues with it. Would be nice to see some more variation in armies and units we play against so I'm more for than against due to that.

I don't believe there is anything ridiculously broken in the forgeworld stuff from what I've seen, if it turns out there is then we can address is if/when it happens. I'd just ask you make sure your playing with the right rules as those forgeworld books are all over the place with rules!!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:44 am

Thankfully they did an FAQ, which helps!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

i dont mind at all - all about experiences for me! are you going for a heresy army?

i checked that out on forgeworld - wow they are expensive!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:12 am

They really are! Though apparatnly they are a higher quality. not that it makes up for it. Very curious to see the size of some of them to see if you are paying for bigger and better kits
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 am

judging by the picks on the whats new section - i dont think you get any options at all!

ok its 3 squads, but bouy are they expensive per model!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Sponsored content

Forge World Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forge World Rules   Forge World Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forge World Rules
Page 1 of 1