Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4862

Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? Empty
PostSubject: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:20 am

Normally, I would just say no, they are not. But there are a few things that make me doubt.

- They are under the bolt gun section of the rule book
- Grey Knights can give anything that fires a bolt Psybolt ammo - making them part of the same family.
- They are often described as an upgrade of a bolt gun, hence why termies have them.

Thoughts?

I'm still going with a no, mainly because they cannot rapid fire. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4701

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Bolt gun I'd say no - seems pretty specific

Bolter - I'd probably say yes though.

Guessing this is a DA rule query (rather than you shopping for the correct new ammunition for your storm bolter you got off ebay)? FAQ's are up so that may help? FAQ'a are up for everyone by the way, along with the main rulebook.

Nid droppod now has the same disembark distance to everyone else - YAY! New model coming next month then!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 6:35 am

Better not be, it took me an age to find the one I bought you,lol

That is a good way to look at the bolter/bolt gun. makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 am

funnily enough i googled this when i put together that vanilla marine list i sent you taff - and t'internet said no regarding sternguard.

my assumption is no therefore unless specified in your codex?
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4408

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:34 am

This should help - storm bolter as defined in GK codex, resembles to bolt guns attached side by side.......resembles as obviously not 2 strapped together with a bit of gaffer tape but should clarify for you! Also to clear up, a bolter/boltgun are one and the same
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 am

Oh it was only a punt to try and exploit dark angels rules. I blame the rule book,lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?   Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definition of a bolt gun: Are storm bolters bolt guns?
Page 1 of 1