Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Infinity!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4700

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:31 am

So I picked up my ALEPH starter set the other day - well excited!!

I've had a flick through the rules (btw they're free!) and I'm quite encouraged by the looks of this game.

So the starter set I picked up for £28 and gives me enough for a 150 point army (games range from 150-300 points), and (to me anyway) they are some sexy models these guys put out. They're anime style so not everones bag I'm sure, same as I'm not fond of warmachines steampunk style.

To summarize for anyone interested it's essentialy a cover to cover shooting game - think gears of war on Hardcore difficulty. Your move around an industial style zone and everytime you stick your head ou anyone that can see you can shoot you - as well as you being able to shoot them. That's the biggest appeal to me of this game - I don't just have to sit there taking saves for 45 minutes before I can do anything! (or not taking saves, and just removing models as is the case for me normally!)

Also it looks like all armies have to same special rules and weapons - there only seems to be about 5 weapons in the whole game. Which is how they maintain balance - everyone gets the same rather than this army is all points, this army is all MC's type of thing, anyway I'm only just starting out and haven't even played a game yet but I'll let you all know what I think of it when I do, so far I;m feeling positive!

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4861

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:59 am

I like some of the miniatures but your right regarding the manga style. Very odd. very cool, but ver odd. Completely different painting challenge too as they are so cartoony!

I have my Dark Potential mini at the moment. There time will come. But I really do like the look fo the warmachine and hordes models. Plus (I think) EVERY game is free to download other than GW. Stupid GW...

arMachine is about £30 too.

Not overly looked into Mantic but that does seem to be quite a challende as well. I think the truth is there are a lot of good games out there that we all may like. I'm hoping to start some of them but am deperate to get through more painting! I personally will be looking at starting a new ganming system in 2014. Infinity, Warghammer Fanatasy, Hordes, Matics, Dark Potential, something new. Who knows what. But unitl then I will concentrate on getting painting done I think!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4792

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:42 am

speaking of dark potential, what are your thoughts on that? id be tempted to support our miniwargaming chums, and i do like the thought of it!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4861

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

Well if you were going to do it now is the time. I supported them on the kick starter and have a box of X'Lanthos now. At present they have free shipping world wide on dark potential merchandise. I'm not sure but this may also apply to other goods within the same order. Either way it works out that two starter sets = free shipping. So for £30-£35 you effectively get a game. Considering that's what my Death Box cost....

I think the game is worth a go because we are at the beginning and the rules are not set. I like the fact it is a skirmish game as it is so different from 40k. I like the models too and they seem very simple to assemble and paint. They are well differentiated too.

I would be tempted to get another starter set if someone else was so that we qualified for the free shipping. More likely though I would like to buy War Machine products and use the free shipping of others, but only because I already have a set!

Oh, and I like the scenery too Smile
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4792

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 am

well, if you ever do, ill go 2's with you.

I may miss out on the deals though as ill be buying the wolf guard box next month, followed by the battleforce the month after with my bonus, so ill then have 3 pledges worth of units where i dont have to buy anything - then is the time!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Sponsored content

Infinity!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity!!!   Infinity!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infinity!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Godiva Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: