Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anubyr WIP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4703

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:41 am

Anubyr WIP Th_074

Anubyr WIP Th_079

Hopefully I've done this right...

Finally found my greenstuff and my digital camera - above (hopefully) is my first Anubyr Necron warrior - was thinking of adding a cloak but I'm no thinking of saving that for other units as these are the rank and file warriors...

The green tube bit still need to be added to the end of the spear but that bit will have to wait until after they're undercoated so use your imagination.

C&C appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4795

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 am

it looks awesome!

his right hand looks a bit gimped though Smile can we get a side on-ish pic of the head? its hrd to make out with those angles.

really really good though!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:13 am

Yeah agreed on the hand - it wasn't something I noticed until the photos - think I'm going to have to try ad do a whole arm reconstruction on the next one to try and fix that...
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 am

Anubyr WIP Th_080_zps42ed2bf0

Anubyr WIP Th_081_zpsc06ae967

2nd attempt on the right arm along with a side shot for the head - looks a lot better now - just gotta GS it
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4864

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 am

Somehow I managed to miss this. I can only imagine what a great army this will be when it's done. It look quality. Dow you know what you are going to paint them as? Was it going to be a really dark colour with a contrasting head?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:31 am

thanks! I'll probably go for dark grey/ into black as the base colour on the bodies with gold heads, marking and symbols etc. Keep looking at them thinking "cloaks....?" The ore I look at them the ore I think it's going to have to be done... what d'ya think?

Haven't touched these guys for a litle while now - been finished my trygon prime - I'm verging on being able to put out a fully painted list - never thought it would happen!!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 am

I can see why you would say that, but I don't think that is the answer in this case. I think the reason you are thinking of a cloak is to add visual width, especially to the mid section. On a normal Necron the Guass gun is the visual point. Given the stark contrast of colours, and the positioning of this colour, the skinny nature can perhaps be over looked. At present we do not see that so the eye is drawn to the thin bottom/middle and the size of the upper torso. In short (just like that guy at the gym who works out in front of the mirror and buys T-Shirts two sizes too small), he's unbalanced and he's got chicken legs.

I think a paint job may fix this. The paint job you described would keep the focus on the top of the model. The other thing would be the base. What are you planning? I would assume sand. Perhaps ensure that all the models have a small rock, a small shrub, hell - even spare nid bits as you probably have plenty. Anything really to catch the eye for when people look down.

A cloak would likely fix this as well. That said we have several things to think of. The colour? What sort of contrast would you offer. Red screams to mind. A dark red underneath and a brighter one for the top. This is great as the adornment, designs and differentiations that could be mustered on a cloak could really elevate the character models. Alternatively a darker cloak could emphasis the eyes or weapons all the more.

Then you have the cost and time. Where do these cloaks come room? Are you buying them? Are you making them? How good are your green stuff skills? Ask yourself, could I do it? Me? Probably, but add a week or two to every squad (and remember how fast I can paint!!).

I don't think it's worth it. At least not yet. Paint up the prototype and ensure it is based fully for your chosen design. Then we'll sit down and figure it out.

Sorry for the rant, but I have high hopes for this army!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 am

A very informative post Mr taff - thank you muchly.

I'd go GS for cloaks and it is very much y lack of GS skills that is preventing me - no doubt I'd get there in the end however a scary amount of GS would be introduced to the bottom of my bin first! The other thing being that these are the rank a file guys part of me wants to leave the cloaks for the higher ranking guys.

After your comments I definitely think I'll get the first guy off the production line first and go from there.

I'm definitely not going to sand the bases - wanna do something more for these guys. Currently I'm thinking gem bases - pink quartz initially but I'm leaning in my mind towards jade, although Natalie has just said she knows where there is an old quartz mine...

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:45 am

I'll come up with a better reply soon, but how the hell does Nat know that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anubyr WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anubyr WIP   Anubyr WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anubyr WIP
Page 1 of 1