Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taff's "Commission" Blog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4864

Taff's "Commission" Blog Empty
PostSubject: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:40 am

Hi guys

As some of you may be aware I also paint for other people every now and again. More often than not this is for Stryph (well, he does have three armies!!) or for some kind of presents. Now sadly I am only just learning how to do all of this type of stuff (as in uploading photos), so alot of what I have is actually traped in my old mobile phone. When Hannah gets home I intend to steal her sim card to see if I can use it to retrieve those photos! If not, consider this a start from Fresh.

That said, the point of this Blog is for me to show my non standard painting. At present I m painting a Bloo Angels Dread, the rhino section of a razorback kit, and a fantasy Shaggroth (SP?). I am more than happy to paint anything though - Hint hint Tyranid MC - so if you need anything painted and it can be a fun and different thing for me to paint - let me know!

Either way, here is a Blood Angels Razorback -

Taff's "Commission" Blog 02710

Taff's "Commission" Blog 02810

Taff's "Commission" Blog 02910

Taff's "Commission" Blog 03110

Taff's "Commission" Blog 03210

I seem to be getting the hang of the photos a bit more so hope you like what you see. This will be a fairly slow burning blog but I shall do my best to keep it regular. The next installment isn't too far away though - Blood Angels dreadnought will be here soon....

So got any suggestions, advice, critque or even minis you want me to paint, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:06 am

So here is the next piece of my... I mean Stryphs... Blood Angels army. I'm sure Stryph will vouch for me when I say how awful this model was. To make it savable I had to let it have multiple Dettol baths, it was attacks by saws, tooth picks, files, I think I even kicked it once. Stupid Ebay. Either way, I hope to have added new life to this model.

Taff's "Commission" Blog Dreadn10

Taff's "Commission" Blog Dreadn11

Taff's "Commission" Blog Dreadn12

Taff's "Commission" Blog Dreadn13

As ever, if got any suggestions, advice, critque or even minis you want me to paint, let me know! But don't be shy, or else I will never improve! And let me know about the pictures too. A big improvement I think. Other than the back ground being more solid white, what do you think needs to be better?

Thanks

T
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4703

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 am

Just awesome! Especially with the dread - that was in a serious mess, it really is weird to think that's the same model!!! Should have taken some pics of it before to really show the transformation its was just a bent mis-shapen blob of paint!

Don't think I have anything else for you at the moment fella - can't let you near my nids as the ones you paint will stick out like a sore thumb and make the other guys feel inferior!

Nat says "well done, I am very impressed"
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:21 am

Much appreciated! I'm glad you like it and that it came out so well. Hopefully Alec will like the dread and the rhino when I come down in a few weeks.

Not sure what to do for this thread next! Rellik keeps threatening to give me some Grey Knight sot paint but until then, I guess it's on to the imperial guard troops to keep the variation up!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:25 am

actually if your just after random models I do have a few of those now I think about it - an old yarrick, a gk assassin, couple of ork boyz all sorts of radomness! You can give me some painting advice when your down as well!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:31 am

Ha! Will do! I may actually jut buy my own Trygon at some point as I simply love that model. What colour scheme would I pick? Hmmm... I shall ponder while I try to decide whether to buy one or not.
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:33 am

check out ebay if you do - got one the other day for £17 woop woop! runing 2 is so much more effective than 1 loner.... that poor landraider didn't know what hit it Smile
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:39 am

Was it already made? At this rate you will have to get me to paint them for you as you wont be able to finish this decade! Three armies... Ouch!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 am

Made and painted - I'll strip it eventually but as it's 3 colours it is right at the back of the queue!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

So christmas is coming. For old Taffy Grinch it's very much a Sad , but for the majority of the world it's santa . The good thing about it is the number of updates I will have in between now and mid January on my various blogs.

But sadly rarely this one. That said I am making and painting the "Sanguinor" for Alec. I shall update as I go. Se my main WIP blog for my entire list of on going projects, but the penance that is my xmas to do list.

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:31 am

Yo Yo

So here are some pictures of what I did from my "Commission" Side of things. I intend to try and post a WIP type thing for each of these models as I have plenty of photos so maybe that would be something people would want to see.

Taff's "Commission" Blog 14010

Taff's "Commission" Blog 12610

Taff's "Commission" Blog 12010
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4795

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:05 am

ill be honest - ive no had the pleasure of seeing the griffon in the flesh, and it looks soooooo much better in real life - this pic in no way does it justice!

can i be cheeky and ask for a close up of the face? i remember elf flesh to be difficult...not because of the colour but because their helms just left you with a horrid Y shaped face which left no detail to paint, and a really hard job to get to the eyes!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 am

I'm pretty sure I didn't d them because it was all glued together when I got it. I did a base flesh followed by a wash to get depth only. I then highlighted the nose and maybe the chin.

I do intend to make a supremely fluffy High Elf army. When I et the models I will do a close up on the face Smile

PS- Can I borrow your book to write said list,lol.
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4795

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:43 am

sure thing - when i put the xmas decs up in the loft this weekend ill bring the books down Smile though i would warn you, i will rib you forever after all the grief you gave me about my elves, (as well as being atad jealous!)

also they should be getting a new army book this year ive heard
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 am

Well it's not a playable army. It's more a design project to give me something to paint called a dragon! Add some white lions and make it a themed army. Plus they can share terrain with Eldar!

It's either that or a warriors of chaos army. I am sincerely tempted by that as some of the models are REALLY good. I could do the chaos Lord on Manticore instead or a Deamon Prince. Why am I doing Elves again? Didn't you have a high elf on dragon bought for you by me and sister? I suspect that may not be painted....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taff's "Commission" Blog   Taff's "Commission" Blog I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taff's "Commission" Blog
Page 1 of 1