Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campaign Questions

Go down 
+3
Taffiarti
Hobowan
Stryph
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4702

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 am

Thought it would be handy to have one place for the "can I do this?" campaing questions (Rich I'm looking at you).

So if anyone (Rich) has any campaign rules queries then they can post them in this thread - cheers!

p.s obviously I have written an amaaaazing ruleset and this thread is going to remain empty, but I thought I'd throw out it out there anyway!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4794

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 am

One question from me...how many turns do i have to krump people on till the white dwarf is unlocked?

How many artifacts are needed?
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 am

Depends how long it takes you to win this time around Smile (If it goes on too long though expect some divine intervention) Twisted Evil

And that's a secret - I've got further storyline written for when someone procures a 2nd so you'll find out more if/when you do...
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4863

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 am

He won't win. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:16 am

And whos going to stop me - you? youve only done so once before!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am

Who said it would be me. I'm more thinking the nids. But don't think I wont try.
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 am

I assume your referring to storm when you talk about the nids?

I'd never attack the Orks....
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4409

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:13 am

Are you going to post an updated map at the end of each turn boss or are we going to have do it ourselves?
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:52 am

I'm sure Mark said he was going to send an E-Mail (or hopefully website) with updated everything. How else can our stories develop!

I guess he's just waiting on the last game. Any ETA on that yet?
Back to top Go down
Latent Entropy
Mindless servitor
Latent Entropy

Awesomeness : 4299

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:15 am

It's on Sunday the final game.

Which will mean I won't have any time to learn my new codex before reinformance & attacks are due. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:01 am

woo hoo! turn 2 is upon us!

to be honest tallis, turn 1 took like 2 months, so im pretty sure you can hang tight another week Smile

use turn 2 as a guinea pig turn to learn the new stuff in practice...you could always attack the orks...we'll go rrreeeeaaaaalllll easy on your new toys...honest Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:49 am

Totally missed this thread - sorry!

Yeah I'll do a new map and give you reinforcement sheets so you can add to your planets etc (there's a couple of people who have had these already as they have played all their games and I have the batreps to calculate the reinforcement points etc)

AFAIK I'm just waiting for the Grey Knights v Orks batrep (unless I've missed this somehow) and the Dark Eldar v Grey Knights batrep

Tallis - It's totally up to you what you want to do with the new dex, if you want to leave it for a turn that's fine. Let me know one way or the other when the last batrep is in though.

There will be a slight gap between the final game and the shout of "GO!" for turn 2 so peeps have time to do all the reinforcements and what not
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:28 am

so, did we get a game in the end?

stryph, if you like i could give you the low down on the GK - Ork game. Im pretty sure i remember the events well enough
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 am

If you want to then feel free - but I'll need to know what lived/ died and the final score - those are the most important bits for me to work it all out with. Although really it's not your job, I don't think it's that much to ask for peeps to take an hour to write a decent batrep.

I'm getting bored of chasing for these things now tbh. Feel like I'm doing it a lot, which is probably more annoying for the people I'm chasing as no doubt I come across pissy due to my complete lack of tact.

I'll just call quits on turn one if things take too long to develop, it's starting to drag on a bit now
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 am

I've decided that I'm going to use Mr Tallis as the benchmark of when turn 2 will start - codex releases on the 6th, so when he has picked his new list from that (unless it takes an age/ he is deciding to stick with the old dex for another turn) I'll be looking to start turn 2 regardless of what else I have received.

So lets say the 13th as a target date at the latest
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 am

Sounds good to me! Anthony is itchng to unleash his swarm and my warboss is getting hungry!

It was 6-0, i got the relic, first blood (vinicare assassin), kill the warlord (termie librarian) and linebreaker. (warboss). Nick got none of the above methinks

I lost my stormboyz, 1 battlewagon, big mek, burna squad and i think thats it! Nick got tabled i think...
I may be wrong, but im pretty confident thats right.
My battlewagon boyz took a pounding, but i *think* they pulled through. If i am wrong when/if you hear otherwise ill gladly take a hit and penalty on resource points later.

Next turn why dont you set a month or 6 week timer on it..any who dont play lose their whole force in the warp and have to buy their army back!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

I agree with hobo - a time limit would make things decidedly sharper I'd imagine plus penalties for non completion of games and indeed batreps might help.....
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 pm

I'd be quite happy with a time limit. I don't even think you need a battle report within a day or three. Really you just need to send the before and after army list to stryph with a sentance saying who won. That in itself would speed eveything up and give people the time to do what they wanted to with the bat rep.

I think that is pasrt of the problem as everything is based upon the bat rep. Squiffy memories, real life stuff etc... all stop them, being given the time they probably deserve and therefore delay everything.

Either way I think I time limit is perfectly reasonable given how long turns have taken accross these two campaigns. Plus the rule wouldn't actually affect the majority as most of their games are done within a three week window. Be interesting to see what Stryph comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 pm

I was genuinly trying to be nice for this campaign so I was refraining from the time limits and bugging people to do this that and the other, as a few people mentioned real life stuff in the buildup and how it held things up for them so I was trying to lay off a bit.

I guess me being nice is a bit like a vegetarian Tiger, sooner or later he's going to rip someones head off so why bother?

I promise I will go back to 100% prick on turn 2 rather than periods of nice and then periods of tantrums as has been the method of turn 1, at least you'll all know where you stand Smile

Remember though: just cos I insult you and call you names doesn't mean I dont love you

Also are Sue and Nick aware of the forum? don't recall seeing them around on here - Point An... sorry I mean Storm this way as well, I might need to beg him to defend a rogue world at some point soon.

Paul I'll use your post as a template for the result if I don't hear from Nick soon - I've just chased him, but now I've entered Prick mode again I'm not sure how long I'm gonna wait...

FYI I'll be posting the start of turn 2 on the boards (there will be an e-mail going around as well with the updated garrisons etc) so all declarations will be done in that thread
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Taffiarti wrote:
I don't even think you need a battle report within a day or three. Really you just need to send the before and after army list to stryph with a sentance saying who won. That in itself would speed eveything up and give people the time to do what they wanted to with the bat rep.

I think that is pasrt of the problem as everything is based upon the bat rep. Squiffy memories, real life stuff etc... all stop them, being given the time they probably deserve and therefore delay everything.

I do agree with this, if a bat rep is impossible then at least the results should be passed over. I think at the endof each fight it needs to be documented by both combatants what the score and lost units were officially

My only fear is that we'll stop seeing bat reps as its no longer strictly necessary, which would be a shame.

Hopefully we should have the final bat rep up here by the end of the weekend which would be good!

Stryph, ill contact you seperately with the admin details for the website as that is a nice place to catalogue the campaign results, updated maps etc on a high level - the forums can be more in depth

It would be nice if the map and campaign page on the site could be updated in real time as opposed to in turns (hopefully its as easy as changing an icon here and there and resaving as a pdf?)

Ill be revisiting the website this week anyway as i have ideas now of what to fill in the blank spaces with - ill open up a post in the website feedback forum for suggestions of what to do with it

Storm will be registering momentarily!

Sue and nick are both aware of the site and forums, so its just a case of getting online Smile
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I feel like the batreps are a very important part of the campaigns we run, I think it would be a shame to lose them as they tie everything together and I think it would feel a lot more like "just a load of random games" without them.

I'm not prepared to give up on them. Realistically they don't have to be that time consuming, Taff did the one for the allied battle in about 30 minutes, and I wouldn't say that was a low standard one.

I can do the map etc on a match by match, I normally try to do it all at once as I tend to faff about so 1 session of faffing is quicker than 5 sessions of faffing, but I'll do my besting to stop mucking about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:31 pm

yeah, i love the bat reps - it really helps me buy into the campaign an gives me a reason to look forward to other peoples games and not just my own.
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 am

I'll agree with all of the above! Don't get me wrong it took me an age to do mine but if we for example get the results and necessary data to stryph within a day or 2 (either party) and have the batreps done before the end of the turn say for those that are struggling to complete them I'm a timely manner, things might jog along a little more smoothly maybe....?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 am

Looking at the Calendar We're going to be hitting xmas soon (oh no...)
So I'm probably going to be looking at turn 2 finishing around 10th November giving peeps the chance to get games in for turn 3 before xmas. Turn 4 will probably start in the new year but We'll worry about that when it comes to it.

I'll workout a hard deadline and all other little intricies for turn 2 when it actually starts, but the hard deadline for turn one is 13th October. Of course if I get stuff before this then that's ideal.
Back to top Go down
Stormbreeze
Mindless servitor
Stormbreeze

Awesomeness : 4258

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 am

Right I'm here I think! Tyranid Prime tee hee hee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Campaign Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Campaign Questions   Campaign Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign Questions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next