Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Taff's Marine WIP blog

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4703

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:37 am

Is it possible to separate the assault canons and put the either side of the nose?

Personally I've always hated the look of those guns slapped together, might be a bit much work and it is just a personal bugbear of mine that I just don't like the look of though Smile
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4864

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Is it possible? It would be very awkward though given that it's all glued on.

I did originally toy them with putting them on the wings however it just looked really cluttered. I did look at them on the side of the nose but I was left with two main issues:
- that the front was starting to look very much like the storm talon - something I was trying to avoid
- And, perhaps more importantly, what would I have done with the gap!!

I think all in all it was a lot of work for a minimal amount of progress. By leaving the assault cannon where they are now (which is already changed) I retain the fact that it has a twin linked assault cannon, whilst ensuring that it still looks aerodynamic.

I'm hoping it will look more appealing in real life when it's shooting nids, blood angels or grey knights anyway! Wink

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4795

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:23 pm

not orkses?! my boyz are feeling left out! alien

i think the cannons look just right there - i would be tempted to try and fit some other weapon pod or missile on the wings though - i have some spare from the dakkajets that dont look orky if you are interested?
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm always happy to kill Orks. But that was definitely a dig at Mark.

What sort of missiles are they? At the minute I only really have hunter killer missiles that could go on there? Thy don't look bad at all, but they are almost a bit small!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 pm

Since I got something pretty cool in the post the other day (Thank you so much Stryph), I thought I would take advantage of Baby Taff's nap time. I think Mrs Taff may have fallen asleep too! Either way Bonus modelling time for me! And I hope you agree it was not time wasted!

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_26

Thoughts would be great now that I am coming to undercoating time!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:03 am

So Mrs and Baby Taff have gone off to a baby birthday party. I can live with that! I myself went to the model shop and bought something for the apache's blades

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_27

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_28

I think it adds some depth to the blades. As stated previously I was worried that the rotas would be far too plain. hat when painted they would be boring as they were so bare. Even though these are just "little pipes" I think they have added the little piece of depth that I craved. Also means that I have rather a lot spare so I could put them any where,lol!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:20 am

definitely - i don't think the blades could be much better - great job!

all this free time - you lucky man!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 am

Well that's the end of the free time this weekend sadly. I might get some done tomorrow night but I will more than likely be watching American football and dozing!

But there is a silver lining to this - it gives people time to comment!

Could you send me a photo of those missiles please? Ideally I would like an additional weapon to be put on the wings. Having said that, I'm still not quite sure what. It would have to be quite thin and add some obvious arsenal. A missile sounds like just the ticket! Any other suggestions are of course welcome.

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 6:34 am

here you go sir as requested!

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 20120929180718

they are short, long and thin, and should be a perfect fit! i have some less subtle ones too but they are pretty orky - these are indistinct
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 am

Thought I had better post an update. Unfortunately, between Baby Taffs birthday planning and the whole Taff clan becoming ill (obviously not me, I'm too hard for such things) I haven't got too much done until tonight.

I wasn't in the mood to work on the storm Apache today, so this update is minimal. I have attached the rockets that Hobo gave me and they look great. I'm hoping to finish the cockpit tomorrow and base coat the rest. Sleep well in the knowledge I will provide photos at that point.

What I was in the mood for though, was painting. So here is my progress on the Storm Talon

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_29

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_31

At present I am fairly certain the purple is done. I havm half way through the black and then will go on to the metal (which is almost done). I expect I could have this finished by tomorrow if I choose to work on the Storm Talon over the Storm Apache. I do hate green stuff....

I attempted to do a dry brush highlight on the purple. I'm not 100% convinced yet, but it is great practice for future Eldar vehicles. Let me know what you think. I'm half tempted to go and do the hard edge highlight using the same colour. In my head I'm hoping it would look a little bit like blending. The snag is that, even if it looks poo, I'm commited when I do one line.

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:36 am

really nice paint job - the model itself pales in comparison to the apache though!

i wasnt sure if you had taken the missiles or not - i seem to have a full compliment still!
Back to top Go down
taffiart

PostSubject: Storm talon - complete   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 am

Hey guys. Got some upates.

The first is that I did take the missiles Hobo and they are epic! Even Mrs Taff loves the look of them.

The second is that I have finished the Storm Talon. Below are the pictures, with a special guest at the end!

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_32

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_36

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_34

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 Storm_35

Got to love a storm Raven, even though I can't play with it! Let me know what you guys think. Got any suggestions, comment or critiques then let me know!

Cheers

T
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:19 am

wow, you are going to have a real flying division to your army arent you! need to give them a special company name!

i might ask though cos ive always wondered...whats the red around the glass panes?
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:26 am

You have two fliers if I recall....

It's to prevent them being boring really. When I left them on plain they looked really weird and out of place.

The camera makes them look a lot more dominant then they are. In real life they do compliment the scheme more as red is my main spot colour. Helps to tie them all up as a cohesive unit. I do it by adding a red wash (Baal Red) to the corners on the plastic. When I tried to do the whole thing it looked really streaky no matter what I did.

f I could do my time again, I wouldn't do this. I would try and use a glaze more to tint the whole thing. It's more expensive, or at least more awkward and time consuming, but I think it would look better. This is one of the things I'm debating with the apache. I think I won't do it though as it may look out of place in comparison. On my Eldar though I intend to glaze them.

If you want to look at anything in more detail let me know as I'll just take another picture! Remember, any comments or even requests of how or why I do stuff, let me know!

T
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:42 am

Post some pics of your Blood Angel Commission work ;-)

Gonna need some complete army shots at soe point surely? Only when your ready to post them on the GW flikr site to get yourself world famous that is!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:30 am

Not sure how many of them I have. I sadly may have lost them when I changed phone Sad

I will do a full army shot when I finish it all. I am working through it. Does the site have enough memory, lol
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 am

It would be cool to see everyones fully painted armies...ive only ever seen marksnids once for example and that was a no MCs allowed mission

i dont think my camera pans wide enough to capture all the orks without only seein dots!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:40 am

You'll have to wait a while to see a full army from me but yeah that's what I'd hope to see in the gallery anyhow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Storm Apache Finished!   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:23 am

Here is my finished Storm Apache! I cannot explain how relieved and happy I am to finally finish this labour of love. The bases isn't done, cut oh well! Maybe I'll get some looted dakka jet parts as if the Apache has shot it down )or it blew itself up, as it is an Ork)

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 04510

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 04611

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 04711

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 04411

Hope you all like it. Let me know what you think. I can try to take other photos if your curious about anything in particualar!

And just because I can, here is the Ravenwing Air Corp as it stands:

Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 04910
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:46 am

Love it - I think the rotors have come out superbly the way you've done them, almost too good as it almost looks like the whole thing should be a tad longer but that's a real minor thing - looks awesome from the front!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:38 am

Love it!!!

I have nothing further to ssay - it's awesome
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 am

Bloodlust_Rellik wrote:
I think the rotors have come out superbly the way you've done them, almost too good as it almost looks like the whole thing should be a tad longer but that's a real minor thing

Got to add some fun for the sake of the Space Marines! Otherwise I might as well have bought the airfix kit!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Means a lot! Now to figure out what do do next! Might have to make a list of what I have and put it to a poll, lol!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:41 am

A poll is the way forward!

Do it!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:53 am

Added Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:47 am

it is really good taff - a great job, well done!

i happen to have some spare parts to my dakkajets, so consider them yours!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taff's Marine WIP blog   Taff's Marine WIP blog - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taff's Marine WIP blog
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next