Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels Empty
PostSubject: Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels   Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:15 am

NB/ pics to follow - i dont seem to be able to find my lead to transfer photos from my phone to my laptop!

Ork Turn 3: The battle for Lapko: Red Wuns Go Faster!

Warboss Stryke was in an exuberant mood, his recent battles against the nids were raging on and on and would likely never finish. Every conflict made his waaagh grow bigger and bigger

His lieutenant were spanning the galaxy conducting wars against the Tyranids, but warboss Stryke was after a new challenge. H?e had seen on the planet Bhat the Tyranid swarms were fighting a war on two fronts - the Red Beakies were also scattered around the galaxy, and they were a delicacy he had not tasted before.

"Dey isnt all dat bad Boss" Dallag said to Stryke.

Ive fought dem before twice now...dey ave a load of red tanks...dey is definitely smarter dan de average 'oomies - coz dey know dat red wuns is faster!"

Dey 'ave a load of stormboy wannabe's too...and dey like to drink blud boss!"

"Drink Blood?! Wot are dey, bludy vampires?!" Stryke bellowed with raucous laughter "dats wot i is going to do to dem not da ova way round!"

"you aint wrong boss...i fink dey are bludy vampires! Dey is a bunch of cowards though boss...last time i had em...and i ad em good...all dey did woz run away and wouldnt let us krump 'em!"

"typical oomie dat Dallag...dey try and do dat again and all dey is doin' is provin' dat dey isnt able to beat us in a good 'ol fight

All dey is showing is dat da ORKS IS DA BEST! WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!"

Turn 1:

The blood angels knew of the orks invading their world and stole the initiative, roving forwards to tackle the ork onslaught head on.

Mephiston grew the mighty wings of sanguinius and led the blood angels forward, whilst the devastators entrenched in a carefully planned position unleashed their storm of plasma, missiles and las fire at the opposing lootas. 4 wounds were caused but one loota ducked behind cover leaving 3 to be disintegrated.
Captain Tycho and Brother Corbulo’s squad meanwhile fired at the onrushing boys, killing a further 3.

The Orks were swift on the counter, with the nob biker squad immediately ripping into the death company, killing 2 with their bikes guns on the way into chopping the rest down mercilessly suffering only a single flesh wound in return. First blood!

The mob of boyz and one of the battlewagon boyz all unleashed fire at the assault marine squad, killing three marines , but the other battlewagon boyz didn’t manage to wound Captain Tycho's squad.

The lootas found themselves stuck in brainleaf fronds in their cover, so moved forwards, and the big gunz and lootas decided to engage in a dakka duel with the devastator squad, but both units only managed to kill a single devastator.

Turn 2:

The Stormraven entered the field and immediately unleashed its bloodstrike payload at one of the battlewagons managing to explode it, with the resultant explosion killing 6 boyz.

<Rules interlude: 3 bloodstrike missiles were fired here, but actually you are only able to fire 2 per turn>

Captain Tycho’s squad continued its bolter fusillade against the oncoming big boyz mob, slaying a further 2

The sanguinary guard flew forward unleashing their melta against the other battlewagon but failed to hit the lumbering behemoth! The Devastators were not interested in proving who had the most dakka against the lootas and also decided to target the remaining battlewagon, and managed to remove a hull point from it.
The sanguinary guard then took up an assault against the battlewagon, their power axes managing to open up the wagon, exploding it and killing 4 of the occupying boyz.

The assault marines flew away from the main maelstrom, planning to hide from the orks and deny kill points as is the blood angel way and targeted the gretchin skulking in the background. One gretchin, clearly marked for greatness managed to shoot down one of the assault marines in overwatch! Exuberant celebrations followed, but it was short lived as the marines landed and slaughtered the rest of the gretchin, leaving the lone heroic marksman all alone.

He promptly scarpered.

Mephiston meanwhile charged straight into Warboss Stryke and his Nob Bikers. A massive 6 wounds were caused in overwatch, but only 1 made it through Mephiston's armour. Mephiston bellowed at Stryke, calling the Warboss out, but the Warboss arrogantly stepped back, wanting to watch his nob biker’s toy with Mephiston and snip his legs and arms one by one.

This didn’t go to plan however, as Mephiston slew all 4 of the nobs without giving them a chance to reply…Warboss Stryke was then alone, and Mephiston promptly instant death’d Stryke as well!
Not good for the orks that one…

Before falling to Mephiston’s sword, Warboss Stryke bellowed a mighty waaagh to urge his horde onwards to swallow up the red paint job’s beakies.

The big gunz again failed to hit the devastators in their unreciprocated dakka contest, with the lootas faring little better managing only a single death.

Blown out of their battlewagons, the 2 battlewagon boyz squads got to their feet confronted with the sight of the angelic sanguinary guard. Unleashing their shootas, one of the angels fell at their feet, which encouraged both squads to rise to their feet and charge the angels. 3 orks died to their overwatch, but the first BW boyz squad chopped down that number of angels just as simply.
The second squad also arrived into the melee, losing 3 of their number in the process, but yet more marines fell, leaving the sanguinary guard almost destroyed and their priest alone.

The footslogger boyz fired at Tycho’s squad, managing to take two wounds off of Tycho their tank. They then charged in, losing their front row of boyz and so missing the charge!

By this time though, Stryke’s air force had arrived, and promptly fired into the flank of Tycho’s squad killing Tycho, causing a wound on Corbulo and killing 4 marines in the process.

Turn 3:

While the assault marines hid behind the milkybarn out of sight, the storm raven flew over the battlefield and made one of the Dakkajets crash land – this was the first plane that Warboss Stryke has ever lost! The assault marines tried to blow up the other plane but were unable to hit.

The melee against the footslogger boyz and Tycho’s squad continued, with the orks slaying all of the marines leaving Corbulo alone, however Mephiston joined the fray with his brother charging the orks from the flank and killing 3 boyz.

The sanguinary priest meanwhile managed to kill another boy before being pulled to the ground and savagely butchered by 2 strong squads of orks, who then promptly smelled the blood of the Mephiston and Corbulo’s imminent demise, and promptly also ran into that fray – what remained of three mobs of boyz were facing down 2 legendary figures of the Blood Angels – but would they be able to repeat their heroic battles of old against Stryke’s well-seasoned veterans?!

Mephiston killed 4 of the onrushing boyz, but one of the nobs managed to sneak through the perpetual challenges and caused 3 wounds on Mephiston. Being 6” away from Corbulo however, Mephiston gained FNP, and two of these were promptly saved. The boyz were also able to get a wound in on Mephiston, but Corbulo despite suffering 5 wounds did not succumb to any thanks to his 3+ armour 2+ fnp!

The devastators decided that in fact there was some fun to be had competing with the lootas, and fired over, killing 2 more lootas and forcing them to run off , the lootas feeling that the fact they’ve killed almost nothing in 4 games left them ill equipped to take on the devastators now they were actually playing!

The remaining Dakkajet decided they wound take over where the lootas left off and between it and the big gunz the remaining devastators were destroyed.

Turns 4 & 5:

The blood angels were thin on the ground now, with only the storm raven and the cowardly assault marines not in the main melee.
Unperturbed by this, the storm raven continued its pursuit of the Dakkajets, and managed to get a penetrating hit on the jinking Dakkajet which blew it up.

Mephiston continued to carve up 4 more boyz, leaving only the nob left in one of the battlewagon squads. This was to prove his undoing though, with the Nob cleanly and clinically decapitating Mephiston, ending once and for all the menace of challenges every player turn! Meanwhile managed to kill another boy, and totally unsurprisingly managed to save all 14 wounds the boyz inflicted upon him.

Yes, 14.

In the orks return however, he finally succumbed thanks to the availability of the power klaw that dispatched Mephiston. Let’s see if you can armour save and fnp that!

The big gunz meanwhile finally managed to hit something, taking a hull point off the storm raven and causing an immobilised result, locking its velocity. and causing it to fly off the board.
At the end of turn 5, the score was 12-11 to the orks with the flyer off the board and only the snivvly assault marines left hiding in the corner.

The next dice roll changed the odds of fate however, with the storm raven returning and killing the nob that had killed the sanguinary priest, Mephiston and Corbulo…a sad end for such a powerful ork, but moreover this changed the score to 11-12 to the blood angels!

A win for the blood angels!

BA Victory points:

Kill the Warlord
Linebreaker
Challenge VP from warlord trait.
Warboss Stryke
Nob Biker Squad
Gretchin Squad
Battlewagon
Battlewagon
Lootas
Dakkajet
Dakkajet
Battlewagon boyz A - Ork Man of the match

BA Remaining forces

Stormraven
Assault Marines

Ork Victory points:

Kill the Warlord
First Blood
Linebreaker
Mephiston - Blood Angels man of the match
Tycho
Sanguinary guard
Sanguinary priest
Corbulo
Tactical squad
Death Company
Devastators

Remaining Ork Forces

Footslogger boyz
Battlewagon boyz B
Big Gunz
Gretchin
Big Mek Kff
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

PostSubject: Re: Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels   Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 am

I'm unsuprised that I managed to get a flyer rule wrong, mainly cos I don't know them and had to ask hobo what I could and couldn't do every single time I went to move or shoot the bloody thing! Apologies though on that one fella!

Tactical notes from my side on this one:

A) I was a knob charging the sanguinary squard into 3 squads of boyz in the manner I did and am still unsure what my thinking as on that one...

B) The Tycho/ Corbulo squad is a horrible horrible unit to try and kill - they took untold amounts of fire. Tycho I only put in for fluffly reasons as he hates orks, originally he was going to be the sanguinor (hence the random 4 man death company squad filling points), but the combo of him tanking saves on a 2+ then cobulo with 3+ 2+ fnp is sick. (especially when I used corbulo's all seeing eye talent to re-roll the failed feel no pain on the first fail he had that would have killed him, he he!)

C) Mephiston won this match off the back of his warlord trait - how often does that happen...

D) I hate hiding with BA but I always seem to send up having to do it to win (must stop playing against orks) - mephiston probably should have gone a similar hiding route to the assault squad - but I just didn't have it in me... MEPHISTON WILL NEVER HIDE!!!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

PostSubject: Re: Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels   Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 am

yeah, i didnt realise that fliers could only shoot 2 missiles a turn because rich told me - the blind leading the blind eh?!

you arent wrong, the tycho/corbulo combo was outrageously tough...i dont think the bat rep shows adequately just how much punishment that unit took. mephistons aid aside, it took 3 boyz squads and a waaaghing dakkajet to even remotely make it look unhealthy over about 3 turns!

with mephiston roving around everywhere it was a hard slog to keep anything alive!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels   Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn 3: Orks vs Blood Angels
Page 1 of 1