Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blood Angels vs Gay Knights

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4790

Blood Angels vs Gay Knights Empty
PostSubject: Blood Angels vs Gay Knights   Blood Angels vs Gay Knights I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:14 am

Gay Knights vs. Blood Angels

Overview
Scenario: The Scouring (Hammer & Anvil)
Date played: 26 August 2012

Gay Knights

General: Dick
• BCHQ, Brother Captain
150 points
• T15 Troop, Terminators
Psycannon & Psybolt
245 points
• T25 Troop, Terminators
Psilencer, Psybolt
235 points
• P5 Elite, Palladins
335 points
• VElite, Vindicare Assassin
145 points
• DHeavy, Dreadnought
150 points
• DKHeavy, Dreadknight
230 points
• LRHeavy, Landraider
260 points
• Total: 1750 points

Blood Angels

General: Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie - Alec
• L1HQ, Librarian
125 points
• L2HQ, Librarian
125 points
• AM1 - 10 Troop, Assault Marines
235 points
• AM2 - 5 Troop, Assault Marines
Combat Squad - 2x Melta Guns & 1 Powerfist
118 points
• AM3 - 5 Troop, Assault Marines
Combat Squad - 2x Melta Guns & 1 Powerfist
118 points
• AM4 - 5 Troop, Assault Marines
117 points
• AM5 - 5 Troop, Assault Marines
117 points
• AB3 Fast Attack, Attack Bikes
150 points
• D1 - 5 Heavy, Devastators
130 points
• D2 - 5 Heavy, Devastators

• D3- 5 Heavy, Devastators
130 points
3 Sanguinary Priests with jump packs & combi-flamers
• Total: 1750 points

Deployment

Dick deployed his pathetic army cowring behind terrain on the otherside of the board, the Palladins were doing whatever it is 5 big muscley men do when confined in a tight... almost prison like box inside the Ladraider while 1 batch of terinators and the Dreadkight were so terrified they decided to not even deploy, hoping perhaps that the battle would be over before they were called upon - the cowards!!!! Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie - Alec decided to deploy in a more random manner simply scattering assault marines around his edge of the board, a most cunning rouse was clearly being planned! He elected to combat squad 2 assault marine units placing the melta guns and power fist in one 5 man unit and leaving the other 5 man units as standard – I stepped in and lined up the devastators and positioned the Melta Bikes hoping to get an early shot on the Land raider

Turn 1 - Gay Knights
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie - Alec rolled up nightfighting on turn 1 and the Gay Knight forces moved up to try and get a bead on the ight Blood Angels assebled in their cunning formation at the back of the board. The Vindicare assassin took aim at the librarian , which was duly saved by the librarian due to the cover of darkness from nightfighting.

Turn 1 - Blood Angels
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie - Alec moved up the melta bikes to get a shot on the Land Raider the Divination librarian with assault marine bodyguard oved up behind the bikes casting prescience on them to ensure some hits. The bikes shot their melta guns at the Land Raider scoring 3 hits, being about 1/27th of an inch out of melta rage they could only glance on a 6 ad failed to score any glances.

Turn 2
4 hours this report has taken me so far using fecking battlechronicler so I’m giving up on that bollocks now – I have some sort of retardation with that fecking program!!!!
Dick took his reserve rolls with the dreadknight remaining in reserve – cowering and praying that he would not have to face the fearsome forces of the Blood Angels. The terminators passed their reserve rolls and were forced to enter the battle. It was at this point I spent a few minutes informing Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie – Alec about the perils that would face the terminators should they deepstrike behind the blood angel lines (loudly), after which they decided to deepstrike just infront of the assault marines with melta guns instead 
The Vindicare assassin took another shot at the librarian that moved up behind the melta bikes and again completely whiffs! The Land Raider and terminator squad both point themselves at the melta bikes managing to kill one each.
The deepstriking terminators unloaded on one of the devastator units, killing the brave sergeant who was leading his unit from the front (unlike the Gay Knight HQ who was still cowering at the back of the table behind a rock).
The final surviving Melta Bike moved up on the Gay Knight Land Raider the librarian again casting prescience to ensure the most was made from the single melta shot. The melta found its mark, now within the 2d6 penetration range, the round pierced the Land Raiders hull blowig the vehicle into itty bitty pieces, leaving the paladins footslogging the rest of the way and the explosion killing nobody.
The devastators took aim at the vindicare assassin – a single missile making it through landing straight between his eyes and blowing his head clean off his shoulders.
All of a sudden the deepstriking terminators found themselves surrounded by jetpaking assault marines packing melta guns – following the round of shooting a single terminator was left alive, watching his battle brothers faces slowly melt into the ground beneath his feet.

The five man assault squad with meltas and powerfist charged into the final terminator, with the powerfist bouncing off the invulnerable save 2 marines were killed and the lonely terminator still left standing.

Turn 3
The Dreadknight now decides to come in from reserve, a noticeable trickle of a yellow liquid coming down its left leg and the smell of ammonia in the air, as he lands on the left side of the board just by the final melta bike.
The Paladins and terminators move towards the centre of the board – the terminators with an eye on 1 of the 6 objectives, the paladin simply looking to try and sway the battle in favour of the Gay Knights.
The Dreadknight opens up and unleashed a hail of bullets into one of the devastator squads, with only one of them falling.
The terminators unleash everything at the final Melta bike scoring 2 unsaved wounds and finishing off the unit, if only he had been in feel no pain range!
The Paladins fire all guns at the Librarian and accompanying assault marines who had moved up behind the melta bikes, the assault marine bodyguards doing their duty, standing in front of the bullets with 2 of them falling.
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie – Alec stepped up, with the Bllod agels having weathered a round of Gay Knight shooting and taking very few casualties. No doubt that due to fact that he knew he was playing Gay knights so he’d brought protection

The devastators lined their sights on the Gay Knight dreadnought immobilizing it and blowing off doomfist. The final unit of devastators open fire on the dreadknight who makes all of his saves.
The assault squad in combat with the lonely deepstriked terminator finally finish him off with a powerfist to the face, but not efore taking further casualties themselves, they then move into towards the centre of the board with a view to making a move for an objective.

Turn 4
The dreadknight again opens fire on the same squad of devastators the storm of bullets and S7 large blast managing to down 1 more devastator.
The paladin squad now moving down the left flank also open fire on the devastators putting out an impressive amount of shots but kill absolutely nothing!!
The terminators at open fire at the assault squad, which has moved into the middle of the board, managing to kill 1.
Well another round of Gay Knight shooting over and 2 dead marines to show for it...
The Devastators holding the right flank open fire on the damaged dreadnought finally wrecking it.
The 2 other devastator squads unload their missiles on the dreadknight putting 2 wounds on him, those 2+ saves don’t last forever!
The Blood Angel assault squads jump pack around the board making moves on the objectives.

Turn 5
Wounded but still standing the dreadknight opens fire again on the devastators in the wood, which he has been continually pumping bullets into since he arrived from reserve, and again not 1 devastator dies!
The paladins pump all their shots into the devastators scoring 7 normal wounds and 1 rend – after making all 7 armour saves 1 devastator is removed from the board – Gay Knight shooting at this point is looking worse than my Tyranid’s shooting!
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie – Alec moves the Blood Angels onto the objectives, it’s going to take a massive effort from the Gay Knights to pull it back from here with 6 objectives on the board and only 1 Gay Knight troop choice left standing!
The devastators all open fire on the Dread knight knocking off one more wound. With assault marines packing meltas now sitting on the objective in front of the Dread Knight they open fire hoping to finish him off but alas, they bounce off his invulnerable save – about time something went right for the Gay Knights I suppose!
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie – Alec takes the roll to see if the game ends... and we’re on for at least another turn

Turn 6
The Gay Knights need something Special now – the terminators are in their own backfield holding an objective and – The Brother Captain has been hiding behind a rock for most of the game, the paladins have been footslogging up the board and the Dreadknight... well he shot at some stuff but nobody noticed....
The Dreadknight and the Paladins open fire on the Assault arines parked on the objective... that’s a lot of bullets! Unfortunately they are bullets made out of cotton wool and fail to kill anything whatsoever! Throwing their guns to the ground the paladins and dread knight charge into the Assault Marines (0 hits on overwatch booo!)
Now the Gay Knight are cooking on gas though, finally how they like it, up close and personal wrestling with other big muscley men! All of their big force swords penetrating the Blood Angel protection luckily the Feel no Pain Butt protection cream still works and only 4 Marines are killed. The ASM can do little on their attacks back though – failing to score any wounds with their standard weapons – the powerfist makes it through on the dreadknight (he heard powerfist and bent over, I’ not sure what he was expecting...) though to finish him off! Having lost the combat though, the ASM fail their leadership and flee from combat towards their own table edge.
The ASM auto rally and due to ATSKNF are able to fly straight back in front of the paladins they ran from 2 seconds ago (anyone else think ATSKNF is just a little too much?) they fire off their melta guns and Kill 1 Paladin the S8 shot blowing his head clean off his shoulders. His battle brother turning to help him, catching a missile from the devastators clean between the eyes and also losing his head. With the game effectively won at this point the ASM charge into the Paladins, thinking that a lucky assault (a very lucky assault) would really pour salt into the wounds. Alas it is not to be as they are unable to score a single wound on the Paladins and lose 4 more Marines to the attack back, again falling back to their own board edge.
Destroyer of Worlds, Devourer of Souls, Crusher of Dreams, Demolisher of Hope, He who feeds off the blood and pain of mortal fools and my little cutie pie – Alec rolls up to see if the game ends... and we’re done – Victory for the Blood Angels!!

Final Score
Blood Angels 9 v Gay Knights 5
4 Point Objective 3 Point objective
2 Point objective Fast Attack Killed
1 Point objective Linebreaker
Firstblood
Linebreaker

Although the main winner was really Power Armour – although the main plan here was to have the Blood Angels play keep away with their jet packs while the devs and meltas chipped away, the fact that all the Gay Knight shooting killed a grand total of about 10 guys (three of them being a melta suicide squad), not much more of a plan was needed Standing still and letting the bullets bounce off was working just fine! I’m not used to getting armour saves but it’s awesome!

The Report is Copyright (c) 2012 Stryph. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/

Blood Angels vs Gay Knights
Page 1 of 1