Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orks Codex 4 1/2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:46 pm

Well folks, as i keep saying, i think the ork codex only needs a revmp rather than a massive overhaul.

Nonethelss i thought id write down all of my musings and thoughts ive thought of in the past few year - let me know what you think! Also, what have i missed? ive tried to make the OP stuff dearer, but have i missed anything? what needs nerfing that i havent considered?

again, i dont think we need half of this, but some of the rules and stuff would forma pretty fun dex so i thought id write them instead of locking up the knowledge!

im sure when we eventually get a new codex we'll get something huge and expensive, and if the tau dont do it first, im very tempted to believe well get the first mainstream 40k monstrous creature transport Smile

however nonetheless, here is all i think we need to bring the codex up to speed and make it awesomely interesting:

General:

- All orks should have WS3 & S4 instead of the other way round as is-
- Furious charge should be deleted. real life rumours are that all orks will get fnp6+ instead...i could live with that!
- Waaagh should make all orks fearless, regroup all falling back units, and give all cc engaged orks preferred enemy for that turn
- Big Choppas should count as heavy chainswords, giving them AP5

Factions:

factions should be re-introduced with a rule adaptation for each:

Evil suns: all vehicles receive red paint jobs for free, and move an additional 2" instead of just 1". Warbikers and wartrakks count as troops
Death skulls: Looted Wagon Gunz count as having a stength of +1. Lootas become troop choices
Goffs: 1 unit of boyz can take 'eavy armour for free. Gain Access to Skarboyz as troops with the following profile and cost, otherwise identical list entry to boyz
WS BS S T W I A Ld Save Points
4 2 4 4 2 2 2 7 4+ 15
Snakebites: Wierdboyz receive a 4+ inv save. All other models including squigs not wearing eavy or mega armour may take warpaint giving a 6+ inv for 2 points per model Instead of gretching, runtherds can lead out squig herds at a cost of 5 points per squig. Squigs have the same profile as gretchin,but have fleet, S3 and gain +2 attacks on the charge instead of +1
Blood Axe: One unit in the army may reserve/outflank. Units coming on from reserve can assault the turn they arrive. Kommandos gain stealth, and count as troop choices
Bad Moons: Meganobs units are fearless. Flash Gitz Snazzguns count as twin linked at no cost. Flash gitz and meganobz become troop choices

HQ

-Warboss should be given access to burnas
- A nob Squad should be a Warboss bodyguard instead of an elite. limited to 1-3 nobs and no painboy (see below).
-"I is da boss!" If the warboss is in the unit and ever dies, one of his ambitious nob entourage immediately grows in stature and upgrades his profile to a warboss profile, other than the wounds characteristic which remains as is. wargear remains the same. This continues until there are no nobz left

- Painboyz should be a HQ choice and not a unit upgrade. A painboy grants fnp and cybork upgrades to his unit, and also offers cybork upgrades to all characters and independent characters in the army. May upgrade his urty syringe (4+ poison) to a leaful syringe for 25 points making it 2+ poison. may also have a power saw/drill (klaw)

- Big meks should get access to Big Choppas
- A Big Meks Kustom Forcefield should be changed to a 12” dome, protecting from all angles other than underneath, only sheltering things inside the dome. weapons fired inside the dome ignore cover saves.
-Ignore cover save weapons or abilities do not ignore KFF cover unless fired or activated within the dome

- Wierdboy powers need updating…and warpheads should be psyker level 2.

Troops

- Ork boyz mob should get the option of taking burnas as a special weapon
- Ork Boyz should be able to take battlewagons as a dedicated transport, but I think the base cost of a battlewagon should go up by 15
- shoota boyz should cost 1 more point per model, or 2 points per model if a shootas range is increased to 24"
- Deffrollas should ignore cover, and have AP3. upgrade should cost 15 more than it does (when added to the base BW increase, BWs would now be 30 point dearer)

- New gretchin rule: "Operation: get behind the gretchin!" Gretchin provide a 4+ cover save instead of the usual 5+ to any unit they are screening. However for each successful cover save granted by the gretchin, roll a D6. on a roll of 1-2 nothing happens, on a 3-6 the gretchin take the wound instead

Elites

- Flash Gitz should be moved to elites, and have their gun upgrades rolled into their base cost of 25 points

- Tankbustas should have the tank hunter special rule and tankhammers should be S8 AP3 in combat like a normal rokkits instead of S10 AP-
- Tankbustas should get eavy armour options.

- Meganobs should be able to take a bosspole

- Lootas should cost an additional 2-3 points per model.

- Burna squads should be capped at 10.

- kommandos with snikrot should be able to assault the turn they arrive. This should not be possible if cradling another HQ unit however.

Fast Attack

- Deffkoptas should have rokkits as an upgrade to their big shootas rather than instead of.
- Deffkoptas should be flyers with the hover option

- stormboyz should get eavy armour options

- Blitzabommers need their big bomm to have AP2 (add 10 points to the price).

Heavy Support

- <enter monstrous creature transport here> (instead of flash gitz, who replace nobs in the elite section)

- Deffdreads should cause Fear

- Looted Wagons should be split into 3 distinct types:

Boomtank: 100 points
F12 S11 R10 Transport capacity 0, heavy Vehicle, Tank
· ‘ard case as standard (not open topped)
· Has a boomgun. no other weapons options possible
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 1 it cant shoot, on a roll of 6 an automatic direct hit is achieved

Looted wagon: 50 points
F11 S10 R10 Transport Capacity 15, fast vehicle, open topped
· Red paint and reinforced ram as standard (moves extra 1”, can tank shock as if AV12 & rerolls difficult terrain), (included in price)
· has a big shoota. can have a skorcha (10 points) and an additonal big shoota (5 points). may swap both big shootas for Rokkits (10 points each)
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 1 passengers may only perform an emergency disembarkation if they want to disembark. On a roll of 6 passengers can disembark normally regardless of the distance travelled, even if flat out

Gunwagon: 80 points
F12 S12 R11 Transport Capacity 5, tank
· Grot riggers as Standard (can repair immobilised or weapon destroyed on a 4+ if not shooting)
· must have one of: a skorcha (5 points), zzap gun (20 points), kannon (10 points) or lobba (10 points) as main weapon, and may have 4 x big shootas/Rokkits/kustom mega blasters (5/10/20 points)
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 1 weapons may only be snap shotted (or if applicable scatter the full distance rolled). On a roll of 6 all weapons count as twin linked

Thats about it! totally utopian, but i think it would be a brilliant, but not OP codex!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:50 pm

There was a lot goin on in this pots, sorry that I missed it the first time round as it clearly had a lot of work put into it!

For the most part I agree with you. Orks are not a broken codex and they have aged very well indeed. The number of options available to Orks (as well as the number of actual Orks available) make this a very customisable army that can usually compete thanks to two main things: the base stats of a troop (including cost and unit size) and those few little flavour ful units who are just a little bit better and more useful to the rest.
As you pointed out the other thing about Orks is they need to be fun and zany - because they are Orks!

You ask what needs nerfing? Not a lot in my opinion. I think deffrollas are under costed. Or perhaps it is the battle wagon itself that is. AV14 is hard to pen and most Ork players I have seen always give them a 5+ big mech cover save and run them in two's to avoid flanking and therefore lower armoured sides.

As I have spoken about before I believe Mob rule should be all or nothing. Going from fearless to Ld 7/8 when enough boys have died seems half arsed. I think it should always be the number of models. That said I don' think that all Orks should get it and a minimum requirement, say 12 models including characters, should qualify. Or perhaps this could be a low points upgrade that could be bought?

I know that Hobob falls out of love of lootas regularly but in the current flyer games the potential of three strength 7 shots per loota cannot be ignored - they can destroy planes and tanks with surprising regulrity. Perhaps drop this to strength 6? Not sure really but I thought I would add it in here...

Now for your comments....

General
I don't disagree with much of what you have said. Given they are half mushroom Orls getting FnP makes sense to me. Perhaps losing all armour to get it though? I think Furious charge should still apply but perhaps only when the mob rule is in effect?

The Waaagh is a tricky one. The way you write about it makes me think of Thundercats... I can see the units rallying automaticaly, but perhaps a better solution would be to give them a go at their actual leadership instead to keep it more even?

Given the table I would give them WS2.....

Factions
I agree this would be flavoursome and a lot of fun. The question for me is how to qualify. A boss for that faction would have to be bought I think. I think that if you buff these units that way then it would make sense to nerf an opposite unit. I imagine a circle of tribes like a colour wheel. the ones side by side get on well enough but those opposite are there because they have been forced to be. Perhaps a counter bonus - for example: Evil Suns get what you write but the Goofs lose mob rule because the evil suns are using their technolgy to make them fight? not a great example, but one none the less!

HQ

I like the changes for the Warboss but the "i is da boss" would need tweaking I think...

I don't see the need to make the KFF different. Unless the whole model had to be under or something so it made it harder to hide vehicles? Perhaps 6" instead? This could still hide two tanks and a unit?

to be continued......
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 10:25 am

ok, so version 2!

ive included some of your feedback where i can, and added annotations too. also added in warlord traits!

i couldnt think of how to make your (good) colour wheel idea for the faction rules to work, so i left it with tweaks, reducing their effect and giving them points values instead as a warboss upgrade

General:

- All orks should have WS3 & S4 instead of the other way round as is-
- Furious charge should be deleted.
- Mob rule does not make units fearless if at 11+ models
- All orks get fnp 6+ instead of t-shirt saves. (no difference for non armoured orks, but provides extra safety for armoured orks)
- Waaagh called at the start of the player turn. should make all orks fearless, fleet & all falling back units can regroup, even if less than 25%, and can use their normal ld test (mob rule applies if relevant), and give all cc engaged orks preferred enemy for that turn
- Big Choppas should count as heavy chainswords, giving them AP5

Ork Warlord Traits:

1) Eager to krump! The Warlord may call a waaagh on turn 1
2) I nose wot to do! The warlord and his unit gains preferred enemy on the turn a waaagh is called.
3) i is da best! the warlord gains 1 VP for any enemy character slain
4) I is smarter dan da average ork if the warlord declines a challenge, he may still strike the opposing unit at his normal initiative step
5) Meat shield the warlord may pull in orks in his unit to shield him from attacks. for each round of shooting against the warlord and his unit, the first "look out sir" roll for the warlord succeeds on a 2+
6) super waaagh The warlord's armour save counts as invulnerable during a waaagh turn

HQ

Warboss
-Warboss should have access to burnas (20 points) and admantium skulls (+2A on the charge + eternal warrior - 35 points)
- a warboss may be mounted on a boar, gaining +1 S & +1 T (see fast attack) (40 points)
- A nob Squad should be a Warboss bodyguard instead of an elite. limited to 1-4 nobs but no painboy
- The nob entourage may take a waaagh banner and any equipment choices available to the warboss excluding attack squigs and admantium skulls

-Special rule: "I is da boss!" If the warboss is in the unit and ever dies, one of his ambitious nob entourage immediately grows in stature and upgrades his profile to a warboss profile, other than the wounds characteristic which remains as is. wargear remains the same.
This continues until there are no nobz left. Promoted Nobs do not offer additional VP's (HQ kill points or kill the warlord secondary objectives).
The new Warboss may immediately roll on the same warlord trait table chosen by his predecessor for a new trait, with immediate effect.

- factions should be re-introduced with a rule adaptation for each. each is an upgrade for the warboss with the points described:

Evil suns (20 points): all vehicles and planes receive red paint jobs for free, and move an additional D3" instead of just 1". Warbikers and wartrakks count as troops
Death skulls (50 points): All Looted Wagon Gunz count as having a strength of +1, and positive dont touch dat rolls happen on a roll of 5-6 rather than 6 (see looted wagon entry). Meks can carry bosspoles.
Goffs (40 points): boyz get stikkbombs for free. New gretchin rule: "Operation: get behind the gretchin!" Gretchin provide a 4+ cover save instead of the usual 5+ to any unit they are providing cover to. However for each successful cover save granted by the gretchin, roll a D6. on a roll of 1-2 the cover save is made as normal, on a 3-6 the gretchin take the wound instead of the boyz
Snakebites (20 points): Ork Boyz gain move through cover. poison attacks have a -1 modifier on rolls to wound against these orks. 1 unit of boar boyz may be taken as a troop choice.
Blood Axe (40 points): All orks gain acute senses. 1 unit of Boyz or stormboyz may be held in reserve. 1 Reserved unit in the army can assault the turn they arrive (this is in addition to snikrot's unit if he is fielded). Kommandos gain stealth and count as troop choices
Bad Moons (25 points): Badmoons may take a wierdboy as an extra HQ choice. Note this may be used to bring a 3rd HQ in a single FOC. Flash Gitz Snazzguns count as twin linked at no cost. Nobz and Meganobz become troop choices

Painboy
- Painboyz should be a HQ choice and not a unit upgrade with a Nob profile. (50 points) A painboy grants fnp 5+ and cybork upgrades to his unit, and also offers cybork upgrades to all characters, independent characters (5 pnts) & walkers (10 pnts) in the army. (fluff wise painboyz wire orks into deffdreads and kans after all)
May upgrade his 'urty syringe (4+ poison) to a leeful syringe for 20 points making it 2+ poison. may also have a power saw/drill (klaw) (25 pnts)
Special rule: Patch 'em up! If not in combat, the painboy may attempt to restore D6 wounds to any unit he is accompanying each turn. Roll a d6 per wound. on a roll of 4+ a wound is restored to a random model in the unit. The first wound restored is always applied to the painboy if required.

Big Mek
- Big meks should get access to Big Choppas
- "Big Mek Tools": Big meks can reroll failed repair attempts when using big meks tools.
A Big Meks Kustom Forcefield should be changed to a 12” dome, protecting from all angles other than underneath, only sheltering models inside the dome with a 4+ cover save. (for the sake of vehicles, only the vehicle sides within the dome are covered - fully exposed sides get no cover save.
the KFF is ineffective against shots or abilities initiated within the 12" dome.
- no Ignore cover save weapons or abilities ignore KFF cover unless fired or activated from within the dome

Annotation: this is so that 2 gigantic hordes of boyz & 3-4 vehicles spanning some 30" of table dont all get a cover save.
Also shooting at the boyz at close range (eg deepstike flamers or pre-assault), or shooting overwatch against the boyz grants no cover save.
However to balance this it instead protects the orks from barrage, ignore cover weapons, torrent flamers and the ilk (as its a forcefield with no way through a la phantom menace)

Wierdboy
- Wierdboy powers need updating…
The primaris power should be like fantasy's "drain magic" - the wierdboyz powers going so out of control he creates a localised vacuum in the warp blocking any psychic power on a roll of 5+ per power attempted from either side until the orks next player turn)
- foot of gork should return!
- warpheads should be psyker level 2.
- Access to copper staffs (30 points) which grant the wierdboy a 4+ inv save also give the same effect as a psychic hood

Troops

- Ork boyz mob should get the option of taking burnas as a special weapon (5 pnts)
- Ork Boyz should be able to take battlewagons as a dedicated transport,
- shoota boyz should cost 1 more point per model
- Special rule for boyz: "mob mentality" see mob rule change above. in addition, units of boyz 11+ strong are fearless. When below 7 models however, the ld can drop below 7 in line with the number of boyz in the units

- based on zombie costings, gretchin should be reduced to 2 points p/m

Elites

- Tankbustas should have the tank hunter special rule
- Tankhammers should be S8 AP3 in combat like a normal rokkits instead of S10 AP-
- Tankbustas should get 'eavy armour options.

- Meganobs should be able to take a bosspole and waaagh banner

- Lootas squad size should be limited to 10 models
- Lootas should be moved to heavy support (swapped with flash gitz)

Annotation. cost isnt the issue with lootas. Capping at 10 strong and moving them to a competetive Heavy slot should make them less frequent and potent - rolling 3 shots for 15 lootas is probably too intense

- Burna squads should be capped at 10.
- Burna boyz should count as bulky
- Burna boyz should gain access to 'eavy armour
- One burna boy may take fire bombs at a cost of 5 points. fire bombs have the same effect as the burna bommer's burna bombs in grenade form.

- kommandos with snikrot should be able to assault the turn they arrive. This should not be possible if cradling a non-infantry type HQ unit however.

Fast Attack

- Deffkoptas should have rokkits as an upgrade to their big shootas rather than instead of.
- Deffkoptas have initiative 4.

- Blitzabommers big bomm gain flesh bane & armour bane.

- All big shootas on fliers should count as twin linked
- Flier big shootas should be upgradable to supa shootas for +10 points

- Stormboyz military get up counts as flak armour granting a 5+ save

- Warbuggies should get access to quad guns with skyfire, but not intercept (40 point upgrade)

New fast unit:
- Boar Boyz (25 points each) 3-10 boyz mounted on boars. Counts as cavalry granting +1S, +1T
... WS BS S T W I A Ld
Boy 4 2 4 5 1 2 2 7 4+
Nob 4 2 5 5 2 3 3 7 4+
equipped with sluggas and choppas
special rule "a boar with a sore head"

Any number of boar boyz can be upgraded to cyboars (+15 points each). cyboars upgrade to the following profile (+1S, +1 W & armour becomes invuln):
... WS BS S T W I A Ld
Boy 4 2 5 5 2 2 2 7 4+ (inv)
Nob 4 2 6 5 3 3 3 7 4+ (inv)
2 boar boyz may upgrade their choppas to big choppas. (5 points each).
Nob can take power klaw (+25 points) and boar banner (+15 points)
Boar Banner - grants stampede special rule and counts as a bosspole

"a boar with a sore head" special rule: if one or more boar boyz are wounded or killed by any means, the unit immediately gains the rage USR for that game turn.

"stampede" special rule: If an assault is won whilst under the effects of "a boar with a sore head", the unit must consolidate 2D6" directly towards the nearest enemy unit. The boar boyz gain the fear and feal no pain 4+ special rules whilst stampeding in this fashion until the end of the game turn. Out of fear of the stampeding boars, the targetted enemy unit may immediately perform overwatch if it is within 12" of the boar boyz whether the boar boyz reach the unit or not.
If the enemy unit is reached by the boar boyz after overwatch is resolved, then a second assault may be initiated and resolved immediately. Apart from power klaw equipped nobs, the unit strikes at initiative 10 during this second assault

Heavy Support

- Flash gitz become elite choice, swapping with lootas
- Flash gitz should have their gun upgrades (+1 S, assault 2, -1 AP & gets hot) applied within their current points structure.

- Deffdreads should cause Fear
- deff dreads can take supa shootas (10 points)
- extra DCCW's should only cost 10 points

- killa kans big shootas should be twin linked
- killa kans can take supa shootas (10 points)

- base cost of a battlewagon should go up by 10 points
- Deffrollas should ignore cover saves. upgrade should cost 35 points, not 20.
- Kill kannons should have a 20 point discount.

annotation - i agree BW's with deffrollas are under priced. a base cost increase with a deffrolla increase increasing the cost by 25 does the trick

- Looted Wagons should be split into 3 distinct types:

Boomtank: 105 points
F12 S11 R10 Transport capacity 0, heavy Vehicle, Tank
· ‘ard case as standard (not open topped)
· Has a boomgun. no other weapons options possible
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 2 it cant shoot, on a roll of 6 an automatic direct hit is achieved

Looted wagon: 60 points
F11 S10 R10 Transport Capacity 15, fast vehicle, open topped
· Red paint and reinforced ram as standard (moves extra 1”, can tank shock as if AV12 & rerolls difficult terrain)
· has a big shoota. can have a skorcha (10 points) and/or an additonal big shoota (5 points). may swap one or both big shootas for Rokkits (5 points each)
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 1 passengers may only perform an emergency disembarkation if they want to disembark. On a roll of 6 passengers can disembark normally regardless of the distance travelled, even if flat out - note this may mean the unit disembarks in the shooting phase. No shots may be fired, however the unit may assault in the assault phase as normal.

Gunwagon: 80 points
F12 S12 R10 Transport Capacity 6
· Grot riggers as Standard (can repair immobilised or weapon destroyed on a 4+ if not shooting)
· must have one of: supa shoota (10 points), skorcha (10 points), zzap gun (20 points), kannon (10 points) or lobba (10 points) as main weapon, and may have 1-4 big shootas/Rokkits/kustom mega blasters (5/10/20 points)
· “Don’t touch dat!”: On a roll of 1 weapons may only be snap shotted (or if applicable scatter the full distance rolled. for lobbas this includes scattering in the direction of the arrow in the event of a direct hit). On a roll of 6 all weapons count as twin linked and if applicable direct hits are automatically scored
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 6:42 pm

This will take a lot of comment so I will just do bit by bit when I get the time...

Evil suns (20 points): all vehicles and planes receive red paint jobs for free, and move an additional D3" instead of just 1". Warbikers and wartrakks count as troops

I really like this, I think it's spot on. The only question is what would you give your war boss?

Death skulls (50 points): All Looted Wagon Gunz count as having a strength of +1, and positive dont touch dat rolls happen on a roll of 5-6 rather than 6 (see looted wagon entry). Meks can carry bosspoles.

Again no issues with this at all.

Goffs (40 points): boyz get stikkbombs for free. New gretchin rule: "Operation: get behind the gretchin!" Gretchin provide a 4+ cover save instead of the usual 5+ to any unit they are providing cover to. However for each successful cover save granted by the gretchin, roll a D6. on a roll of 1-2 the cover save is made as normal, on a 3-6 the gretchin take the wound instead of the boyz

Very flavoursome

Snakebites (20 points): Ork Boyz gain move through cover. poison attacks have a -1 modifier on rolls to wound against these orks. 1 unit of boar boyz may be taken as a troop choice.

Actually, given your fungus bodies I quite like the idea of every Ork getting a deny the witch type roll about this. Maybe a uniue "feel no pain: poision" for Orks?

Blood Axe (40 points): All orks gain acute senses. 1 unit of Boyz or stormboyz may be held in reserve. 1 Reserved unit in the army can assault the turn they arrive (this is in addition to snikrot's unit if he is fielded). Kommandos gain stealth and count as troop choices

I like the idea but think it is too OP as it is. How about like the Vanguard one? They declare a charge instead of doing anything else? i.e. They come down and charge and, if yout of range do nothing. alternatively they can run or shoot as notmal? Maybe add that if it is on a Waaagh turn they gain fleet?

Bad Moons (25 points): Badmoons may take a wierdboy as an extra HQ choice. Note this may be used to bring a 3rd HQ in a single FOC. Flash Gitz Snazzguns count as twin linked at no cost. Nobz and Meganobz become troop choices

Maybe a tad OP. Maybe an additonal unit counts towards the troops, but not all of them. I also think that an additional unit of troops must be taken for this HQ. So it would be 2 HQ = 2 troop minimum. + Bonus HQ = 3 troops minimum. Unless taken as one of the standard two? Would it also be possible to slightly nerf his stats (not sure what they are) to act as more of a hero chracter than a lord? Just a thought.

Will add more tonight..... but really like the flavour and how this is all looking. I may actually have to rewrite the Raven Claw to include characters and special rules to do this game as a house rules game. Rellik could be games master and create a scenario!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Your hq with the 'im da boss rule' matches up perfectly with rumours ive heard so that one may well happen! !

Agree on a lot of what you've put although flashgitz may have been taken too far in the other direction. They are overly expensive now but the badmoons in addtion to rest us bit much imo. Badmoons I would generally dial back on as it seems a lot better thsn the others.

Snakebites would make dark eldar cry! Id go with taff on that and give them an improved fnp if the unit already had fnp.

All in all though I like it!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 9:42 am

trouble is you start encroaching on things - improved feel no pain on 6+ means 5+, which is the same level that a painboy and normal feel no pain offers, so the last thing you want to do is make something redundant.

worst case scenario, poisoned weapons wound orks on 5'3 - imperial guard have that in every battle they fight, as do orks when not charging, and its not too hard to live with Smile

ive posted this on an ork forum elsewhere so its developing nicely in the background - got some good feedback from both forums so i think its a really workable fandex -definitely want to try it out!

what i need help with is what to give the goffs...operation: get behind the gretchin got shot down in flames - not the rule, but because goffs are the most anti-gretchin clan going so its not appropriate to force them to use a grot screen - cover is for weedy 'umies!

im right on with the greentide working well with goffs, but how to make that work in a special rule without a gretchin screen or big mek interference? More info here:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Goffs

any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:40 am

with the f'n'p modifier I meant like how stealth works with sover saves an improvement so it wouldn't make anything redundant. Wounding on 5's is fine when your a horde army, when your not it's a bad bad day - ask marines about fighting MC's rapid firing a unit and doing diddily shit. I just don't like rules that counter armies in a very specific way like that. Such is my hatred of Space Wolves and Dark Eldar - if you wrote anti-nid rules that's what they'd say.... I have to forgive Dark Eldar though cos they're sexy and the book is well written.

going backwards....

would the flashgitz be better restricted to 1 unit unless badrukk is taken? I always viewed the high (read astronomical) price tag as being down to them effectively being rare as they are the rich boyz... Sam down the club plays flashgitz and they can be pretty darn impressive and a pain in the ass to kill, still nice and randomly orky though, they're the ones I'd like to see improved in your next dex, they have everything your army seems to lack. S6, AP3 (50%), ignores cover, assault 2, potentially twin linked - ouch...

With goffs you could go down the old tyranid without number rule from the old codex where units would come back when they were killed and re-enter from your own board edge on your next turn. Be a bit OP like that so maybe they only come back alive on a 4+ (otherwise the unit is completely lost) and you have to roll a D6 for each boy in the unit and for each 1 a boy has wandered off and doesn't return to the battle. Or something like that.... that's just me throwing "without number" "reanimation protocols" and dangerous terrain rules together so it may just be wild crazy talk! It would need a downside though so aybe an outright vehicle ban for them to re-inforce the green tide ideal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orks Codex 4 1/2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orks Codex 4 1/2   Orks Codex 4 1/2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orks Codex 4 1/2
Page 1 of 1