Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4406

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Empty
PostSubject: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

Right, here's where my pledges (and hopefully pictures) will end up for our forthcoming challenge;

What do I want to gain from this?
Well I thought long and hard about this while painting this evening and by the time I realised, if I'd have written my thoughts down they'd have produced a very long monologue so ill try and summarise.....

Firstly I'd like to remind peeps that I am in no way a creative arty farty type, never have been nor will I ever be so to begin with I want to improve my painting, and enjoy doing it; a simple hour master class from Taff has made no end of difference already to the way I paint and the subsequent standard that's followed (I have put a couple of pics in the gallery to prove it i think with the necron squads, part by luck too I might add with the sword shading tongue

Secondly, my knights are, whilst highly valued, a bit of a hodge podge army at best as most of you know, with a lot of block painting, and models that as second hand stood as proxy in the most part! So I wanted the deldar to be my first fully completed, self built and painted army with very few stand in models/weapons if I can help it.

So, I'm not going to try and be too adventurous, bear in mind I only started 9 months ago, but I'd like to have a continuous colour scheme, even if some of the models look similar, or of a recognised theme, and above continue enjoying the whole aspect of the creation in my little den that I have now created tongue

PLEDGES:

Jan - obtain codex and write 1000 point list; check and check (see below)

Bloodlusts O bold sluts (you like what i did there?!) Dark Eldar 1000 points;

HQ - Haemonculus Ancient, stinger pistol, venom blade, soul trap, webway portal - 135

Troop - 10 x Kabalite Warriors, 1x blaster, 1x splinter cannon, including Sybarite with venom blade - 130

Troop - 10 x Wyches, 1x razorflails, 1x hydra gauntlets, haywire grenades , including Hekatrix with venom blade plus dedicated transport, below - 155

Transport - Raider, splinter racks, night shields - 80

Troop - 10 x Wracks, including an Acothyst with hexrifle - 125

Fast Attack - 3 x Reavers, 1x cluster caltrops, 1x heat lance, including an Arena Champion with venom blade - 113

Fast Attack - 5 x Hellions

Heavy - Razorwing Jetfighter, night shields, splinter cannon, 2x monoscythe missiles, 2x shatterfield missiles - 175

Total 993

Feb - to paint my first squad of kabalite warriors (x10) to get my scheme in place

Mar - to be edited in the near future......

Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

Awesomeness : 4242

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 am

oh i'm not liking the sound of fliers buzzing around! I'm really interested to see your painting now cos it wasnt that bad before. secret lessons from jedi master Taff must have yeilded some very interesting results....
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:51 am

interesting being the operative word!

id be interested to know any plans you have for expansion of this force...what theme are you building it around or are we looking at just a good balance of different troops?

based on things like the haemonculous and the wracks, would you consider those pain/parasite engine things and/or grotesques?

to me that always looks like an interesting build, with a really nice mechanic based around the pain tokens.

the models are much cooler too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 am

Ill be honest you floored me with that one - exactly that; the future part of the list contains a Tallis pain engine (see what I did there again lol) and grotesques utilising the pain tokens they get - the only reason the latter aren't in the first list is because they're 15 quid a pop with a minimum squad size of 3 pale
I still have trouble after using the knights just how many damn models I can have regardless of how well they'll play!!! Oh and I will be increasing the "up in the airies" too clappers tongue
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:05 am

ouch! youd probably want to build a core of 2 units of 3 or a bigger unit too i suppose!

just looked at it for the first time on GW's site - but i got distracted by how cool the mandrake models are! any chance of them making an appearance?

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army M1820610
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 am

In an ideal world perhaps but I'd need to play test a few first, see how I manage with them but in all honesty it's highly likely: eventually! As for the mandrakes, part of what I missed out in my biopsy above if you will, was that I intend to bring my deldar to bear as fighting army rather than just a pretty one so they will but only to look at I think as I don't really have a feel for them in an army that ill play; having said that, I did gloss over them quite quickly.......
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:14 am

not sure what they do, but they look pretty hench Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 am

If I recall they're pretty woosy bit again it was but a brief look - I think I had a general idea of an army quite early with these which surprised me quite a bit! You're right though, they do look pretty cool!!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 am

I don't specificlly remember what they do but I have seen many forums saying that they are not as good as the model deserves. I don't remember if 6th edition adjusted that.
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 am

Lets face it all the Dark Eldar models are sexy time good! If only went out and got all the good looking ones you'd have no money left for food....

Think I remember seeing the same about mandrakes and 6th probably only made them worse, luckily there's plenty of other sexy time models to replace them with Smile
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Rellik's February Update   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 am

Gents,

As we all know poor Rellik is without a computer because his Mrs destroyed it in a drunken rage and he i not allowed to buy a new one because she can play all her games on her phone <insert boo's here>. But onm the plus side he can buy more models becuase of it <insert canned cheers here>. But because he doesn't have the computer please see his update below:

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Rich_110

This guy is representative of the whole squad that has been completed.

Great work buddy! i can see improvement in every model! Next for Rellik:

his HQ!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:33 am

ok so here's rich's photos from the gallery poster here for him in full glory!

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image210
Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image211
Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image212
Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image213
Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image214
Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image215
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:34 am

Thanks Taff for that; of course the biggest issue I have without full computer use is the lack of pictures as, believe you me, it's an arse'ole trying to get them on here with just a phone!
However; hobo has managed to stick pictures from my gallery where i can put them, onto this page so muchly appreciated Smile

Anyhoo, as Taff rightly put, a Haemonculus ancient to follow for march......

Last edited by Bloodlust_Rellik on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 am

a ha, i beat you!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Pledge 2 completed to the standard required - due to work restraints, pic will follow this evening (Hobo if you could kindly transfer it again I'd be grateful)

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image216

Pledge 3 - April;

Squad of 3 reavers
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Perfectly legal - though I do look forward to seeing this finished....

Pledge three accepted - game on that man!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:00 am

Righty ho then; not my best work but on the basis these are a prelude to my scheme for the beautiful Razorwing, it's perhaps still a work in progress! None the less, I'm fairly happy with them (the pics are in my deldar gallery should you be wondering Very Happy )
Due to work constraints, and the disgustingly high hours I'll be doing, I shall have do use my joker for May's pledge, give me a chance to hopefully touch up here and there and head start me into June........

On the background topic, I thought about this for a long time and time I always came back to an image in my mind that depicted the dark eldar - dont aske why!! background stories and the like, without certain knowledge or research plus my rubbish storytelling, made any writings redundant and whilst I havent quite found an accurate representation of the pictures in my imagination, the other couple of pics in the gallery you should surely recognise, seem to fit what I envisage the dark eldar world close to how I imagine it - an underground technological world with a powerful hierarchy.... You'll hopefully understand what I mean!!

On a separate note, would someone be able to write instruction in transferring pics from gallery to thread, save me relying on everyone else??

Ta much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:09 am

here are richards pics!

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image310

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army Image311

are you still pc-less?

you can do it on your phone - we'll have to have a game this may and ill show you how.

so...fancy a game? shall we try out our 2 burgeoning forces?

anyone else want in? i heard rich is doing a bbq! and getting the beers in too!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 8:32 am

Thanks hobo; for all intents and purposes, yes plus being the techno phobe that I am, I get very confused when trying to transfer pics from my phone to different files and then export them :s I'm hoping for a spanking new camera for my birthday which may improve matters on that front!! Smile
As for BBQ, I'm looking at possibly the last week of June, but I will post and confirm!

As for a game, would love to; I still need as much practice as possible lol let me know when your free!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Ok so I played my joker thru may to try and headstart me into June: epic fail - my June pledge will be the beautiful Razorwing; at this point however, I have doubts about its completion as I will be at home purely to sleep over the next few weeks plus we are trying to move so there's little wiggle room for any painting! However I shall give it a crack and who knows Smile on the subject of moving, obviously a planned 40k/BBQ event is likely to shelved although there is a possibility of something happening in the vein of Taff's moving out day but I'll let y'all know closer to the time.
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:31 pm

So, May brings a big 5 points for you through your joker month!

We'll se how we do for June!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rellik's new Dark Eldar army   Rellik's new Dark Eldar army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rellik's new Dark Eldar army
Page 1 of 1