Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clappers Imperial Guard Army

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

Clappers Imperial Guard Army Empty
PostSubject: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 am

Thought I woul do this for Clappers as I had some time on my lunch break:

1000 point army:
company command squad.
commander w/power weapon
regimental banner
missile launcher
master of ordinance
officer of the fleet.
chimera
--------------------------- 205pts
platoon command squad.
command w power weapon
commissar w/power weapon
missile launcher
vox caster
platoon standard
chimera
---------------------------- 175pts

3X infantry squads
sergant w/power weapon
vox caster
melta gun

---------------------------- 225pts

2x heavy weapon teams
1x missile launcher
1xlascannon
---------------------------- 145pts

2X speacial weapon squads
1st squad 3 x sniper rifles
2nd squad 3x melta guns
---------------------------- 115pts

veteran squad

sergant w/powerweapon
vox caster
3 grenade launchers
grenadiers
---------------------------- 130pts
************************************* 995pts
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

Awesomeness : 4242

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 4:51 am

Cheers Taff! much appretiated,

just for those that don't know I suck at and hate forums so if you need me best to texty me or email.

Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 am

Ok so the idea for this army is basically the british army of yester year. So red coats, maxim guns, stiff upper lips and Camp Coffeeâ„¢

I really want to push the boat out with the tanks and do some modding of the minis whilst keeping them recognisably 40k.

I will most likely be asking for alot of help with ideas as to how to make certain bits, for example i have no fecking clue how to make the chimeras look any good but i'll be scouring google for APVs for inspiration!

I'm still trying to decide how to take the army forward for the next batch but i have so many men to paint i think that bit is a long way in the future!
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 5:34 am

Oh and I forgot, my first pledge is to do one of the Infantry squads and a commissar to start the ball rolling.
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 am

Interested to see the IG rolled out, never seen them on the tale and never played against them either so very intrigued!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am

had my first experience with them yesterday. impressions are good though - lots of shots, a gun/tank for every occasion, but oh so squishy!
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 am

hoho not so dquishy in their proud red coats! a thin red line is what we need! the red actually reflects 98.5% of all known projectiles and plasma weapons.... true story...

Here's my first test model obviously its VERY rough so no judging the painting skill employed as this is about 45mins of hard graft...
Clappers Imperial Guard Army Test_m10

I'm pretty pleased with it, gonna try it with grey and white trousers (ta for the suggestion Taff!) also gonna try out my colours for the heavy weapons and special forces (veterans) i'm getting REALLY excited about this army now i think it's gonna look bitchin!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

I really like the scheme and think it is going to look really good on the table top. I imagine armies rushing forward

shouting "get the red humans!"
The the Guard Sergeant turning round to his troops and grinning. "They like the colour red boys. That's good. Let's give them a gift."
Lifting his pistol in the air shouting his order of "First rank fire, second rank fire!" and a sea of orangey red las making them burn...

Not really on topic but there we go!
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:15 am

Haha! You're getting into the spirit of it and thats the important thing! I'll admit i'm alittle daunted at doing this colour scheme after doing grey knoghts where its silver.... more silver... oh i think i made a mistake.... but i can't see it. But i guess thats good for me.

next thing is gonna be the tanks already had a very cool idea for the chimeras and a good one for the lemon russ' but i'll be buggered if i can think of a good one for the chimeras which i have to do first.... at the moment i'm thinking the matilda WW2 tank as thats what they are ovbiously based on.
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:37 am

Clappers wrote:
hoho not so dquishy in their proud red coats! a thin red line is what we need! the red actually reflects 98.5% of all known projectiles and plasma weapons.... true story...

when you get to 50 posts you'll realise the folly of your words! Star Trek Away Missions taught me many things

Clappers Imperial Guard Army Redshi10
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:46 am

Shit you're right! I gotta paint em gold!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 am

Now thats more like it!

Clappers Imperial Guard Army Captai10
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4406

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:06 am

I like the whole red coat concept and ill be more than happy to play against them even if they can fire 3 shots a minute! Very Happy (for those that may be a little young that's a reference to "sharpe" and if you've not seen it I highly recommend it even though its a little dated!!) anyhow I digress.....
Your background threw me a little though; just a thought for future pics as I think it takes a little edge off the blood sweat and tears put into it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 am

An elite Sharpe taskforce needs to worked into this army!

Don't forget the gypsy sniper guy!!
Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4406

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:51 am

Yeah the green jacket riflemen: skirmish regiment!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

OI! stop nicking my ideas for my veterans/ sniper sqauds!

ok heres the plan, the spods are gonna be redcoats, the snipers and vets are gonna be greenjackets, the heavy weapons teams and tank crews are gonna be kings foot artillery and the command squads are gonna be either coldstreamers or grenandiers.

so should be a cascade of colour throughout the army.

the list to be honest may not be very competative but i want it to look awsome (well as awesome as my painting will allow) i need to put the highlanders in there somewhere but bugger me if i know where.
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Although I'm not lookign at your list right now, could the highlander not be your storm troopers? they see to fit the bill of the most resilient troops just because they get their fnp through alcohiolic consumption? I hear they also don't understand retreat? Not the concept - the word, its too long.
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 am

sorry i got confused, gonna use the green jackets as the stormtroopers and the guards as vets. i think i may just put in a random squad with kilts (i'm thinking either barbarian bloodbowl legs or chaos maurauders.... or human cheerleaders...).

Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 am

Clappers Imperial Guard Army 20130210

My weeks work to do... half my pledge and a mess around with the green jacket colour scheme more to come...
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Looking good there clappers. Loo forward to seeing them on Wednesday!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 8:13 am

Looking good - really interested to see this lot when they are all done!
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am

Clappers Imperial Guard Army 20130211

Clappers Imperial Guard Army 20130212

Clappers Imperial Guard Army 20130213

The weekends work! thanks to Taff for his input, much happier with the shoulderpad design now. still need to do the guns obviously... for some wierd reason i hate painting guns no idea why...
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 am

If you hate painting guns you picked the right army.....
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 am

Ha! touche! but show me a 40k army that doesnt have guns...
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 am

Daemons :-P

and technically nids as they don't have guns so much as they have organs which excrete projectiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clappers Imperial Guard Army   Clappers Imperial Guard Army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clappers Imperial Guard Army
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next