Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chaos & Tyranids vs. Eldar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hobowan
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

Chaos & Tyranids vs. Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Chaos & Tyranids vs. Eldar   Chaos & Tyranids vs. Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 7:22 am

The Eldar got attacked by two armies. My 1750 vs 100 points of chaos marines and 1000 nids. Handicap battle I know! The theory was that eldar got first go as they were defending as a default.

The details are fuzzy as I was not meant to be writing this. Therefore normal turns/my style wil not be done - bear with me and i'll try and make it bearable!

Scenario was kill point and the deployment was short edges. The scenery was done using the rules in the book and was a fair mix of area terrain and line of sight blockers.

Eldar army as standard.

Chaos army was deffy, deamon prince, khorn beserkers, plague marines and the increasingly pointless chosen

Nids were two tervigons, 2 units of gaunts, a swarm lord with body guard thing, doom + pod

The eldar deployed first as per the scenario. The path finders, war walkers, dire avengers and eldrad stayed in some woods to the bottom left corner. The Striking scorpions, harlequins and the Wraith Lord moved up the right. The jet bikes hovered in the middle to support both flanks.

The chaos/chaos deployment was quite hodge podge. Deffy hid at the back with a tervigon and gaunts in front of him. The plague marines went to the front to shield the second tervigon and the second unit of gaunts. The hive tyrant was at the back and the deamon prince and korne beserkers were at the top right.

First few turns - Eldar dominated. Eldrad guided everyone he could and between the war walkers, the path fiinders and the fire prism the Eldar killed a unit of gaunts to get 1 point and first blood, The tervigon behind them

On my right deffy kept shooting at the close combat troops and whittled them all down a lot. Despite this, I killed the daemon prince between the two squads. The khorne beserkers kept hiding round corners ( I think they are afraid of being charged) but, sadly, my Wraith Lord just didn't make it.

It was at this point that Mark realised the only way to beat me (I am now 5-0 up as the DP was the warlord with not too many VP on in my army) would be to table me. Once he took control the game became more focussed. Doom came in and caused havok. The autroch and jet bikes managed to miss a 6 inch charge!! Which then led to Eldrad having to kill him (using the rules we now know are wrong).

Sensing a lot of trouble heading my way, I super boosted the jet bikes to the other side of board. The hope was to simply hide. This would mean I didn’t get tabled and I would also get line breaker. My plan almost worked too but deffy, who had moved to get a better cover save, shot at the unit. I failed my cover save. This killed my autroch as I had more placed them, leaving him nearest. I then rolled a 9 for leadership (which would have passed if my authroch had lived!) and pelted it to my edge. In a turn or twothe surviving tervigon would kill him as he ran. I really hate that defiler!

My wraithlrd was taken out by the combined mass of gaunts and the tervigons. Deffy had got him down to one wound already when I was charged. My flamers did damage and it turn out took the gunts ot of tervigon range! This is significant because it removed their poison attacks. I slaughtered them but, after a few close combat phases, failed to kill the last two by rolling snake eyes. The tervigon then smiled and gave me smash attack. Ouch. Mother fuckers…

With both the middle and the right destroyed by the nids/deffy the left became a big focal point.

The chosen came on and shot at the fire prism. The shots were saved by the auto jink I have (5+ cover save). However 2 or 3 chosen were blown up by their own. They were slaughtered next turn with no remorse.

The rangers at this point were a massive focal point. Hidden in the woods they had a 2+ cover save. After several turns of shooting and missed charges they were slaughtered by the plague marines. The plagues had weathered a lot of fire this game and deserved a mentions it was their rapid fire plasm guns (and deffy) which were the main cause of eldar death from the chaos side. This was on turn 5 or 6.

The fire prism survivied well but was eventually taken down by the swarm lord. Turn 5 or 6.

Eldrad had moved and wiped the doom out with the help of the dire avengers. He then moved up and destroyed the pod the doom came in. He then turned round to the right and sighed. I left the rangers and prism to (hopefully) survive. Eldrad went and attacked the newly spawned gaunts.

The rangers shot at the 2 remaining gaunts from the Wraith Lord attack but could only kill one. So frustrating.

Eldrad did a blade storm and took the relative safety of gaunt hunting. Sadly he did not kill them ll. At this point (turn 6) the Khorne beserkers, tervigon, joined the attack. Despite the rerollable 3+ save the Khorn beserkers id take them down. It took them until turn 6 to do anything of not – but they id take Eldrad out!

Conclusion

I think I played well. Lucky or unlucky dice are irrelevant as it evened out. I almost pulled off a major coup with the jet bikes in the end but what can you do! In hind sight I would have ignored the plague marines more and shot everything else. The toughness and feel no pain wouldn’t have mattered too much against Eldrad nor the path finders so there is one error.

My second error is to not realise I would have got zero bonus points – I thought I ‘earnt what I killed’ so to speak. If I had realised, that fire prism would have been moving the fuck away from big things that can kill it! So – read Marks emails more. Lesson learnt.

On a personal note I really o not like the system to resolve the “allies rule”. The reason is that the deamon prince (who won it for tallis – no issue with in particular) was dead! I think it should have fallen to the next HQ (Kharn I think?), then the next most expensive sergeant (I guess the plague marines?). Just a bit of feedback….
So – here are my final thoughts……

KHORNE BESERKERS = Well Known Scardey Cat....

The chosen for killing themselves….

I coulnt find a decent defiler picture but he was probably most useful unit in the winning list. Although my person mn of the match goes to

Sorry Dave – but he realy rallied your troops when you were on to a drubbing. Beautiful fluffy/chaos way to win though!

Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/

Chaos & Tyranids vs. Eldar
Page 1 of 1