Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4860

Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 am

Hi guys

Here is attempt two at making a video battle report

https://youtu.be/tiG6OUArTNE

Let me know what you think! I it better? What else do you think I can do to improve it? etc...

Cheers

T

Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4699

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

Took me a while to get used to the mirror effect it does, it's fine if you're not there but really confusing when you were there! Took me even longer to get used to seeing my mug on there!

Your showing progress though, it's clearer than the first one, both in content and camera action. Only thing I'd say is you fade a bit early at times and what your saying gets lost (unless that was the intent)

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4791

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 pm

aah, mate, you are so close to being spot on - just the techno gliches with the zoom and the ading sound & images and you are there!

big improvement thanks to proper footage being shot = keep it up!!!!!

btw, did your swooping hawks come in on turn 5? when me and nick read the reserves rule, its roll a 3+ on turn 2, 3+ on turn 3, and auto arrival on turn 4?

or did im miss something?
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:19 pm

You tube seems to auto correct some bits of it due to shaky camera syndrome. I'm hoping that a new camera with a proper grip will help to sort that out. With luck it will give better sound and a much sturdier view. Maybe even allow me to zoom, but we'll see.

The swooping hawks were the personification of botch. Originally I was using a spell to keep them out of the way as they are a fast attack choice. Didn't want them to die. But I also thought the last turn was turn four. Only the footage told me it was turn 5! What a mistake to make.

Consider yourself on notice as well - I will be using your own army photos if I play you. No copyright issues then.

Still need to get a much better into. Any ideas peeps want to share?
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:41 am

i still think you should do a stop motion a-bomb explosion on someone or something

what makes you think ill be playing you?!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 am

So how does one go about making a stop motion thing? Especially something like a bomb? I do see my introduction as something that needs a lot of work. I jut want maybe 20 seconds of intro that introduces me, says which armies are playing, and what the battle is.

Always about you isn't it! I meant everyone! I do quite like the idea of using the minis in the taffreps. Adds a personal touch. Also means i need to hurry up and paint a HQ!

Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 am

as i understand it its not different than a flipbook animation.

make a scene and take a photo, move the model slightly, take another photo, move the model slightly, take another photo etc etc, then you lump them all together - im sure your editing software can concatenate images?

yeah! all about me! woo hoo! bounce
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am

I might give it a go but I'm not promising! Plus it seems a ridiculous amount of work!
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:11 am

aye, it'd be interesting - obviously the more photos you put together the smoother the animation, but fewer photos produce a more jagged animation but are quicker and may just do the job - miniwargaming dave's rejects videos were done in the same way, as are their intros - they dont have to be awesome to create the look.

daves banter bat rep opening probably only has about 5 images concatenated
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar   Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turn Two: Tyranids vs Eldar
Page 1 of 1