Godiva Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Godiva Forums

Welcome to our forums! please feel free to discuss anything and everything! To head back to the main site, please click the PORTAL link below

GodivaHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Taffiarti
Fabricator-General of the Meccanocum
Taffiarti

Awesomeness : 4862

2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am

I'll let others answer really with how they want to do it. I have no issue with anyone joining in, but then the original concept was ore for the painting and modelling side - location isn't too much of an issue there!

I thought Hobo and Rellik said people could sleep over? Been a long time though so my memory may be off. If Hannah doesn't object to leaving home for a night you are welcome here. Note the word IF....

You know that it's easy enough to down to Plymouth if we are organised.... And if people are willing to use coaches and buses as people don't drive or drive questionabale cars. But with the greatest deal of respect to people both on and off this site - it never seems to happen without a certain someone starting the ball rolling....
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:44 am

i do work hard and am clearly the lynchpin of the group.

thanks for noticing taff Smile
Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:56 am

I thought I was being too subtle but it looks like doing your daughters homework is paying dividends....
Back to top Go down
Hobowan
Hobowan

Awesomeness : 4793

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 am

ha ha, only kidding Smile

Well i took the liberty of spotting the necromunda rule book on the games workshop site! ive spent most of the evening buried in nostalgia!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat480009a&categoryId=6700007a&section=&aId=21500022a

grey knight and chaos players may also like the look of some of the gangs for inquisitor / cultist squads
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat490066a&rootCatGameStyle=

it doesnt look too tough to me, it matches my memory pretty well...certainly doable, and the games should be quick?

perhaps taff is right though, lets concentrate on this being a fluffy collecting and painting trip and worry about gaming later - we have 2 clear months before we have to worry about this anyway Smile

Back to top Go down
http://godiva.bravesites.com/
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 10:14 am

Maybe a middle road:

- We have until 1 Feb to get our lists in and make our first pledge
- We have until the 1 March to finish the first pledge and make the second pledge
And to come up with the best gaming platform to allow people to play games with these miniatures, familiarise themselves with their rules and get their game on. And to find a way to play from Plymouth and Surrey..... Who here understands Skype,lol
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

Awesomeness : 4701

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 am

there's a thing (I forget what it's called) that lets you play 40k like a board game over the interwebs as well - I've seen people use it to write batreps so you'd also basically be writing a batrep as you went along as well. I swear it begins with a V... it'll come to me

I'll point Liam at the foru when it's more of a reasonable time - he's uneployed atm so will have plenty of time and probably get ahead - he's also done web design so he'll probably throw some content up as well. See if he can drag hiself away fro Warcraft for long enough - who play Warcraft anymore... :-P

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 11:55 am

Vassal?
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 am

Yeah that's the one! 5 points to you!!
Back to top Go down
Clappers
Slave to the Hive Mind
Clappers

Awesomeness : 4244

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:05 am

wow i look away for a few days and this thread doubles in size! kudos for enthusiasm guys! as far as i'm concerned i'm with taff, i like the idea of just having this be about building an army and getting some games under the belt with it. I mean we've got one campaign going surely 2 a once is just greedy!

Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4408

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 am

I don't think any of us want a campaign as such where we are, and I use the term VERY loosely, "forced" into a designated battle cut off time, our current one is enough for us all, and I dare say, plenty enough for 1 of us to look after (thanks Stryph) so I think we're all agreed and (I speak for myself) a little excited about a new creating regime which given a timed element means we can all kind of build our new armies on a par with each other which for me includes using this forum for a bit of advice as well as showing off etc.
I think the key point we've all neglected to make is that any/all battles we have can be done at our leisure if we want to; if we can track/table the results too I think would be good insight into different armies, different tactics etc and keeps it a little competitive too!
Back to top Go down
Stryph
Hive World Slum Lord
Stryph

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:37 am

1000 Point list (nailed to the wall)

HQ - Necron Overlord 160
+ Warscythe
+ Mindshackle Scarabs
+ Sempiternal Weave
+ Resurrection Orb

Troop - Necron Warriors x10 - 130

Troop - Necron Warriors x10 - 130

Heavy - Doomsday Ark - 175
Heavy - Doom Scythe - 175
Heavy - Monolith - 200

Total - 970

Scrapping the transport flyers so the monolith has some use rather than looking pretty (although I'm the one making it so it may not even do that...). Still want flyers as it fits the theme so welcome the doomscythe! Closest I can get to 1k that is nailed down.

Best bit - I have all but 1 of these models already!

Worst bit - The monolith conversion into a goa'uld mothership is on this list which means I' actually going to have to do it soon!

I' not to fussed about the playing aspect of this one - if I can I will but don't trust me to make it for any playing deadlines. very excited about the painting aspect though - be really nice to have an army I can work on and not fret about being grey and end up rushing but still have the insentive to actually paint!
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 am

I'm really struggling on my list which is ridiculous as I only have 2 hq's, 4 units and 2 vehicles to choose from! Just cannot decide on a bloody HQ and the army pretty much picks itself from there!

Grand Master Azreal - terminators as troops, cool in general, great model, really decent rules - no terminator command squad.

Belial - terminators as troops, only pretty cool, questionable model as the legs are clearly too close and I'm not a fan of extra bits on armour in general, great rules - terminator command squad!

I could take a second HQ when the "expansion" happens. But I'm not sure I have the points for even that! It's really doing my nut in! You would have thought that Belial's boss could take a death winf HQ if he makes termies troops.... Grrr....

Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:37 am

Two days to go until the final aspects of this are sorted - voice opinions or forever silenced!

The lastest thought s that we do this in a similar way to American sports - win percentages! Tat means you can play as few games as you like or go OTT! I was thinking that, over the course of the year, we set a minimum of 5 games of any sort (standard, kill teams, combat patrol, scenario etc...). After those 5 are played we use the win/loss % to determine a winner. The highest ones get allocated the highest points. For example, if there are 6 of us the person with the highest win % gets 6 points, 2nd 5 points etc... In the event of a draw we share the points.

To make it easier we will ensure there are no draws in the game - it would hit the basics of the percentages. So I suggest whatever the games type etc, a single combat (no charges, no magic except buffs on self) between HQ's or selected units (irrelevant of points). Failing that - highest dice wins!

What are peoples thoughts on this?

This is the sort of game where scenarios, themes, narratives and campaigns can come into play so imaginations can go wild!

Back to top Go down
Bloodlust_Rellik
Xenophobic Space Marine
Bloodlust_Rellik

Awesomeness : 4408

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 am

In case I've missed it do we have a particular place for our pledges or shall I bung mine on the army list thread?
Back to top Go down
Taffiarti
Taffiarti

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 am

I would create your own thread. Actually, I will do mine now to act as an example!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?   2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 - The year of a brand new 1500 point army for all?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3